Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Names that I think would suit modern day girls, not old and out-dated names I will add some names that I'm not sure if you'll like, and that are pretty risky, but i'll mark them with a *
    Valencia*
    Valentina*
    Veda
    Vera
    Venice*
    Veronica
    Vespera*
    Via
    Vida
    Vienna
    Vina
    Violet*
    Vita
    Viva*
    Vivenne
    Vivienna

I too was looking for a V name for my girl. I just had my baby last week and named her Vanessa Rose and we call her Nessa a lot.

Here is why I didn't choose the other V-names. Obviously, this is just my opinion, but maybe it'll help you with your decision a little.

Vienna - beautiful name, but I didn't choose it because of the association with Vienna sausages.
    Vivienne - love it because of Vivienne Leigh, and it was at the top of our list, but the deterrent was that it is climbing up the charts quickly. I also didn't like that it's now known as a celebrity baby name. Every time I mentioned it to people IRL, the response would be - oh like Angelina and Brad's baby? Now, I think Tom Brady and Giselle Bundchen also named their baby Vivienne. If that doesn't bother you, it is a gorgeous name.
    Viviana - love it and would've used it if it didn't rhyme with our last name!
    Valentina - love it and would've used it, but I loathe the nn Val.
    Valerie - beautiful name, but same issue as Valentina with nn Val, and I have a bad association with it. (DH's snotty ex)
    Victoria - love it and would've used it if it wasn't so popular. Plus, I don't like the nicknames Vic, Vicki/Vicky or Tori.
    Veronica - love it! I think it's beautiful. We couldn't use it because it's the name of our very good friends' daughter.
    Vada - cute and spunky though not my favorite, I do like it.
    Viola - also beautiful and elegant and classy. Reminds me of the musical
    Violet - don't like even though it seems to be popular on nameberry. I normally love flower names, but not this one. It just sounds immature to me. I feel that it'll be cute on a little girl, but I can't picture a woman with this name.
    Last edited by bellababy; December 14th, 2012 at 08:08 AM.
    Hopeless romantic and proud momma of two princesses:
    Isabella Jane & Vanessa Rose

Sorry for repeats!

Valerie
    Venus
    Vada
    Veda
    Valora
    Valeska
    Vanida
    Vasanta
    Valeria