Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

What Were Your Earliest Signs of Pregnancy?

Ive heard so many different answers! I am anxiously waiting to test and curious as to what everybodys first telltale pregnancy sign was, before their missed period? Right now I am experiencing these things...

Severe nausea
    Trouble sleeping
    Fatigue
    Metallic taste in mouth
    Excessive saliva
    Aversions to smells and foods

What about you?

My periods were really infrequent, so it being 6 weeks since my last period was not something I even noticed. I first started having nausea/vomiting, but with chronic migraines, I assumed I was getting one of those. It wasn't until a couple days later when I was still nauseous and the migraine hadn't come on that I started to get suspicious. My breasts were also really sore, but that was typical leading up to a period for me, so I figured I was getting one, albeit early for me. I did experience severe fatigue, but it didn't really pass the level of slightly more tired than usual until after I'd confirmed the pregnancy.

The fact that I was only getting my period every 2-3 months was related to a fertility issue and I had reasonable explanations for my symptoms that seemed a lot more likely than a pregnancy. I'm really kind of surprised it occurred to me to take a test as soon as it did. Even then, the home test was a faint enough positive that I wasn't really sure until I had it professionally confirmed.

Aversion to cigarettes & a heightened sense of smell in general.

That was the only stuff that changed before I even knew I was pregnant.

Unbelievable, inexplicable fatigue.

I finished a brutal 40+ hour call shift in the ICU (crazy night, included opening someone's chest in the CT scanner to massage the heart!). Normally I would sleep 5-6 hours, get up and have an evening, then go to bed at a reasonable time to be ready for work the next AM.

Instead I slept 16 hours and woke up nauseated. Both extremely, extremely unusual. Took a test that AM-- positive.

I then developed this unbelievable sense of smell. I was like a bloodhound. And the smells weren't revolting, just stronger. I remember one time walking by the nurses' station at least 30 feet away from the isolation room one of my patients was in. I sniffed and said "that patient has a wound infection!" He was covered in bandages. His nurse assured me that he was fine. I requested her to remove the dressings-- voila-- wound infection!

I kindof missed that superpower; it only lasted a few weeks.
    Blade, MD

XY: Antoine Raphael
    XX: Cassia Viviane Noor

Aurea * Emmanuelle * Endellion * Fleur * Jacinda * Lysandra * Melisande * Myrrine * Rosamond * Seraphine * Sylvana * Thea * Verity / Blaise * Cyprian * Evander * Jules * Laurence * Lionel * Malcolm * Marius * Quentin * Rainier

كنوز الصحراء الشرقية Hayat _ Qamar _ Sahar _ Maysan _ Farah / Altair _ Fahd _ Faraj _ Khalil _ Tariq

Mind numbing fatigue and aversion to various smells like popcorn or meat. Horrible nausea then followed.

Mostly the fatigue, I'd never been so utterly tired in my life.