Names Searched Right Now:

Thread: Pain Relief

Threaded View

Pain Relief

Now that I'm approaching a halfway point in this pregnancy, I'm starting to think about Labor and Delivery (never to early to think about your birth plan IMO) and I'm very worried about the pain. I like to think I have a pretty high pain tolerance, but I'm sure labor will be above that. I can't take an epidural. I have an extreme phobia of needles to the point that just getting a regular shot has me hyperventilating and I bit a nurse one time who tried to hold me still for a tetanus shot. I know there are other ways to help relax you and to help with pain relief, but it's hard to find good information on them. I'd love it if there was something I could do that wouldn't require a shot, but I don't know if there's anything out there. And if I can't avoid a shot, what about just avoiding a shot in my spine?

My mother had a natural birth with my sister that I was in the room for and she claims it wasn't that bad, but that was about a 48 hour labor with me, so I can't feel like that means much :P

I do have 2 tattoos, which in my opinion didn't hurt all that badly, and I've been told to use the same breathing method to relax myself during labor as during the tattoos. Is this even going to work the same? I've also heard that laughing gas can be used. That would be great for me as laughing gas gives me a calm, numb sort of feeling all over.

Other than my own questions, what did you all do to help with your pain?
    Mother, Hellenic Pagan Priestess, and Resident Greek name expert ^_^ Call me Dantea or Remy

http://covertocoverediting.webs.com/ -- Editing services available for cheap.

Proud Mama to:
    Persephone Elysia Willow -- June 5th 2013
    TTC #2 by Christmas 2014