Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Iker

Iker

What do you think of Iker? It's Basque, pronounced EE-kehr.
    I think it's handsome. Maybe because of Iker Casillas. Okay, definitely because of him. And he has made the name much more well-known. Do you think it could suit a non-Basque boy? (I'm European, just not Basque.)

It immediately makes me think of Ichor (the blood of the gods in mythology) and obviously it sounds like "icky" which isn't a great thing. Maybe as a middle. What about Ike?
    Last edited by kala_way; December 12th, 2012 at 06:54 PM.
    Olivia/Livia/Livy/Liv : Thessaly/Darah/Bethel : Noelle/Eve
    Benedict/Eli: Jude/Zane: Luke/Darius : Levi/Phineas/Calvin

I love it. I first searched it when I heard of Iker Casillas. It's made it on and off my top list several times.

I think Casillas has made it well know enough that it wouldn't sound strange or unknown to the majority of Europeans.

Iker Casillas... yeah, I see why someone would find a name nice because of him. I dislike spanish football, but he's quite handsome. I've had some names on my list from time to time because of gorgeous italian footballers.

I think Iker is nice, in spanish. Which country are you from? I think it would sound fine in german, czech, dutch, swedish, not so good in danish and english. Just my thoughts.
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype][CENTER]My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014[/CENTER][/FONT]