Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Would you use this name?

We've had trouble finding a name for our third little boy. Our other two boys also have 4-letter, 1-syllable, uncommon but not unheard of names. We were really starting like the name Bram (it's short, simple, and stylish), but our last name is quite similar to Stoker, so that will probably be a strong association for many people when they read/hear the name. Does that automatically make the name sound too dark? WDYT?

I'm a huge fan of "short, simple, stylish" boy names, and Bram is high on that list! However, it would really depend on how similar that LN is...could make it a no-go.

You might like- Ames, Hart, Lev, Worth, Dane, Rhett, Thane, Hays, Frayne, Flynn

Thanks for the feedback. We have considered several of the names you suggested. Our last name is only a few letters away from Stoker so I keep trying to let it go, but haven't been able to yet.

I don't think it would make the name too dark, but it might seem like you are huge Bram Stoker fans. I love Bram Stoker, but I think it would be a bit of a deal breaker for me if it was too similar. Not sure. I really like Bram.
    Ttc a baby brother or sister for Luther Wolf!

It's not my cup of tea, it feels a bit nicknamey to me as Bram is a short form of Abraham, but I wouldn't say it's too dark. If your surname's similar to Stoker though I might leave it off.

Anna Katherine * Lydia Ellen * Zoe Madeleine * Phoebe ___ * Imogen ___ * Emilia ___
    Samuel * Thomas * Charlie * Reuben * Oliver * George