Names Searched Right Now:
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
    Aah dated names! The topic I dealt with for the past few months when choosing the name Vanessa for my baby. It's a name many consider dated, but I don't know any IRL so to me it never felt that way. But I guess if that's a dated name, then it's definitely my fave. I also really love Rachel, Miranda and Samantha, which some people consider dated but IMO they are new classics along with Vanessa
    Last edited by bellababy; December 13th, 2012 at 03:14 PM.
    Hopeless romantic and proud momma of two princesses:
    Isabella Jane & Vanessa Rose

Quote Originally Posted by uselesskitty View Post
    My name is Cynthia too, and it was really uncommon while I was growing up! I only knew one other Cynthia until I graduated high school. It wasn't until I became a name-nerd that I realized that at one time Cynthia was super popular and is now considered dated. To me it always seemed elegant and interesting thanks to its Greek history. It is was also relatively uncommon where I live. In fact, I still only know a handful of Cynthias.

I always thought the name Jessica, nn Jess or Jessie, is pretty no matter how dated it is.
    I love your name It's beautiful! So who cares if its consider dated. It's more beautiful than many of the names I hear these days. I would pick it 100 times over all the younique and unisex names
    Last edited by bellababy; December 13th, 2012 at 01:20 PM.
    Hopeless romantic and proud momma of two princesses:
    Isabella Jane & Vanessa Rose

Quote Originally Posted by spring13 View Post
    The whole "dated" thing doesn't really bother me. My mother dies laughing over babies named Sophie or Sophia because it was her grandmother's name, she thinks THAT's "dated." I like
    Totally! Even though I know how popular it is now, when I hear Sophia my first thought is the Golden Girls. Or Sophia Loren. At any rate, it was always in my head as an old lady name, so I was really surprised when I found out it was the #1 for new babies.

Quote Originally Posted by bellababy View Post
    Aah dated names! The topic I dealt with for the past few months when I choosing the name Vanessa for my baby. It's a name many consider dated, but I don't know any IRL so to me it never felt that way. But I guess if that's a dated name, then it's definitely my fave. I also really love Rachel, Miranda and Samantha, which some people consider dated but IMO they are new classics along with Vanessa
    I know someone who within the last couple months named her baby Vanessa, although I admit she was honoring someone born in 1980. I may have already mentioned it but I also know a 6 month old Rachel.

I really like Karen, thanks to the character from Outnumbered (I DEFINITELY think that the actress's real name, Ramona, suits her more, but still, she's made me love Karen) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8YUUaCEa2aQ

And Shirley, although sometimes I feel like that's half ironically. I like Beryl too. And Lindsay with this spelling has always had a nice ring to me. I like Jessa too (probably after the character in Girls) which sounds a bit too dated to use for me. And Monica (as in Geller/Bing... clearly I'm easily influenced by pop-culture)
    ★ O L I V I A ★
    (seventeen, student/traveller, obsessively maternal - with a darling black cat named Shura)

Emmett - Alec - Rufus - Wilfred - Eoghan
    Trudie - Fenella - Aoife - Jemima - Polly