Names Searched Right Now:
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    My mother thinks Kayla/Kaila/Keila is "Old Country" and too 19th C. I had a dear great-great-aunt who loved beauty and fashion who mourned how old-fashioned and unpopular her name was - it was Bella. I'm still sad Aunt Bella never saw her name resurge.

Most people I know find these terrible but I suspect Nameberry could forgive me: Jane, Ivy, Raquel, Hazel, Penelope, Elspeth, Rosemary, Judith, Beatrice, Ramona, Rowena, Lillian, Dinah. Evangeline I wouldn't really use but is in this category.

Nameberry considers these outdated (the people I know IRL would be okay with them): Megan, Caitlin, Amy, Jen/Gen, Tegan, Sabrina. Christine I wouldn't really use but is in this category.

Then there are the old names I like that NO ONE likes: Enid, Rosamund, Eartha, Iola, Kezia, Tamar.

I like a lot of vintage-esque names that my boyfriend considered dated such as Estelle, Ruby, Vivienne, Audrey, Genevieve, Margo/Margaret, Edith, and Helene. And he likes some 70's/80's/90's names I consider dated like Valerie, Rebecca, Alyssa, and Rachel(I have two cousins and a great aunt named Rachel.)

That said I have dated 80s/90s names I call my guilty pleasures. I love Breanna but only with an "e", when spelled with an "i" it feels like it should be pronounced like Brian, to me. Chelsea, Dylan(for a girl), Morgan, Hallie, Lauren, and Autumn.
    Girls- Winter, Eden, Colette, River, Charlotte.
    Boys- Atticus, Eliot, Milo, Gideon, Malcolm.

Omg Stripedsocks I love Rosamund, Enid and Eartha! Eartha was on my list for a while until people convinced me she was drab and heavy like Bertha. And Eartha Kitt would be a strange namesake. Enid is still on the short list. I think Rosamund may start becoming popular. That powerful "mund" is the perfect foil for Rose!

♀ Catherine ♀ Rae ♀ Violet ♀ Jane ♀ Matilda ♀ Mabel ♀ Odelia ♀

♂ Hudson ♂ Luke ♂ Murdoch ♂ Theodore ♂ Miles ♂ Louis ♂ Samuel ♂ Finnian ♂
    Please vote on My Babynames.com list

80's names I like: Kimberly, Erica, Rebecca, Jessica, Tammy, Nicole, Jennifer, Heather.

Then there's the colonial era names: Tabitha, Aurinda, Henrietta, Georgia, Prudence, Temperance, Polly, Judith, Ruth, Martha, etc.. Jeremiah, Theophilus, Thaddeus, Rufus, Arthur, George, Thomas, Peregrine, Henry, Samuel, Nathaniel, Charles, Amos, etc

Finally the ancient names: Amadeus, Drusilla, Lucius, Ignatius, Christophorus, Leocadia, Archimedes, Aspasia, Hypatia, Nicodemus, Godric, Swanahilda, Eiríkr, Wolfgang, Dexamene, Chryseis, etc...