Names Searched Right Now:
Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
    Ajax (another myth name)
    Antario (another astronomy name, since Pollux is a star of Gemini)
    Apollo
    Galileo
    "Don't try to be modern, it's the most old-fashioned thing there is," - Attilio, The Tiger and the Snow

Domenico/Dominic, Gianfranco/Gianpaolo, Giacomo, Antonio, Raphael, Calogero, Leopold, Angelo, Giorgio, Alban, Malachi, Dante, Mirek, Dario, Lionel, Asa
    Katarina/Caterina, Irena, Silvia, Aniela, Delfina, Raffaella, Apollonia, Cecilia, Pasqualina, Rosalind/Rosina, Josephine, Allegra, Alba, Leokadia, Annunziata, Bronya, Adrasteia, Vincenza, Althea, Eurydice, Regina, Mirella, Arianell

It's hard not to sound like a brand name (i.e. Rolex or Lexus or something-- X is commonly used in branding since it stands out).

Invented names (in general I'm not as fond of these, since you won't have much of a story to tell your son, but here you go):

Callux
    Matelux
    Orsolux

[Hallux is the Latin word for the big toe, so don't use that!]
    Blade, MD

XY: AR
    XX: CVN

Aquila * Chrysanthe * Emmanuelle * Endellion * Ione * Jacinda * Lysandra * Melisande * Myrra * Petra * Rosamond * Seraphine * Silvana * Theophane / Blaise * Cyprian * Darius * Evander * Giles * Laurence * Lionel * Malcolm * Marius * Peregrine * Rainier

كنوز الصحراء الشرقية Hayat _ Qamar _ Sahar _ Maysan _ Iman / Altair _ Fahd _ Faraj _ Khalil _ Najid _ Rafiq _ Tariq

Quote Originally Posted by blade View Post
    It's hard not to sound like a brand name (i.e. Rolex or Lexus or something-- X is commonly used in branding since it stands out).

Invented names (in general I'm not as fond of these, since you won't have much of a story to tell your son, but here you go):

Callux
    Matelux
    Orsolux

[Hallux is the Latin word for the big toe, so don't use that!]
    I'm pretty sure Callux is something, I can't remember what and I'm too tired and lazy to google it, but I think it is something industry related.
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype][CENTER]My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014[/CENTER][/FONT]

Would you know what her kids name was or anything about her really if it werent for Facebook? Lol oh, the problems and blessings that fb creates! I say, if it doesnt bother you that you got the name from her then go for it. If it does bother you, find another one that you will feel confident about.
    Mom to Tess, Kaia, Jasper and dogs Brody, Max and Felix

*Penelope Sadie Kite* Piper Olive Cordelia* Phoebe Clementine Hope* Hattie Vivian Jewel* Willa Florence Eve*

*Finn Wesley Joseph* Ezra Calvin David* Judah Theodore Henry* Leo Abram James*

I feel like with the distance between you both you don't need to ask permission, but you should drop her a line via fb like- pregnant again & Mattao is on the short list. What a great name! Hope you're not weirded out if we use it too.

This way she can process it & you won't feel anything but joy when you announce the name on Facebook