Calex
    Alexei
    Olexei
    Alexo
    Gabriex
    Isaiax
    Isaiox
    Anthonox

Ok some are crazy made up & hard to pronounce but I saw in another comment you're ok with made up so I gave it a shot!

I'm very picky when it comes to names..which I think is already evident lol. At the time I was having a girl, and she was having a boy so pretty much any boy name was unappealing. I have never met her son, and save for a few pictures she has posted on facebook, I don't really know much of her home life. I don't idolize her or anything like that...the name happened to appear either on the ticker or on a thread and it resonated with me.
    I'm not sure if the name itself has a special meaning..and I don't want to take that away from her by choosing it also, but I guess name guarding to me isn't really fair. You could have 1500 friends on facebook and multiple people could have names you like, but to not use any because they are special to said person doesn't really seem okay. My daughters names resulted from long searches, many names lists thrown in the garbage, ect...but if someone I knew wanted to use it, I would welcome their choice. Names should be celebrated..and to me the child is what makes it special, not the name.
    I don't by any means want to upset her, but I would really be upset with myself if I avoided using a name I couldn't shake because someone I KNEW used it. I also want to mention that I appreciate all of your suggestions and opinions. It's nice to hear other people's opinions on these things.

I love some of your suggestions taz! I like Ulyssyx (I'd replace the y with a u)
    I am curious what you think of Ollux, and Shilux/Shylux.

Forget the conflict you have....think about actually naming a sweet innocent child Pollux. EEEK. That is a lot for a little one to carry around. It just makes me think of the small pollux vaccine.(Yes I know it is pox). No insult intended here, but I wanted to be honest.

Shilux is ok. Ollux I actually like more than Pollox..I see the Pox thing too!
    Olivox? Like a version of Oliver? Does Fox appeal to you at all?