Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Can someone explain the NameBerry "lingo"

I am brand new to nameberry and I am having a hard time with reading some blogs. They have lingo like DH, which I have been able to determine it has something to with the husband? But what does TCC mean DD2? Im so confused! There are other ones I cant think of that are commonly used. Is there a special page that has this info on it?

Thanks so much to whoever helps me figure this out!
    Married to the man of my dreams and trying for our first child

DH/DW/DS/DD -- Dear husband/wife/son/daughter
    TTC -- trying to conceive
    IMO -- In my opinion
    IMHO -- in my honest opinion
    NMS -- not my style
    FWIW -- For what it's worth

If I missed something someone will chime in. ^_^
    Mother, Hellenic Pagan Priestess, and Resident Greek name expert ^_^ Call me Dantea or Remy

http://covertocoverediting.webs.com/ -- Editing services available for cheap.

Proud Mama to:
    Persephone Elysia Willow -- June 5th 2013
    TTC #2 by Christmas 2014

PP: Previous Poster

● • ● • ● • ● • ● • ● • ● • ● ● • ● • ● • ● • ● •

Caspian & Lilias

● • ● • ● • ● • ● • ● • ● • ● ● • ● • ● • ● • ● •

First off, welcome!

Babycenter has a pretty comprehensive list of acronyms that pop up on there, obviously some of these rarely if ever show up on nameberry (or only occasionally over on the momberry boards) but I found it really helpful when I was trying to figure out DPO (days past ovulation), POAS (pee on a stick, of course), BFP (big fat positive) etc...

http://www.babycenter.com/community-help-abbreviations

Oh! And TIA...for the longest time I didn't get "Thanks in Advance" and thought people were signing their name at the end of their post and we just happened to have more than one Tia on here!

The first time I came across DH (on a different site), I didn't get it either. I think I looked it up on urbandictionary, as I do with just about any slang I come across these days. By the time I got on here, knowing DH, it wasn't hard to figure out DD and DS. TTC I think I figured out from context clues, but IMO and NMS were a little tougher.

Welcome and I hope your experience is a little easier with some of the most-used abbreviations covered. I wouldn't have had the good sense to ask.