Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thoughts on our baby girl name and biblical suggestions

Hey Berries,

We just found out lil sprog is a baby girl and I wanted to run our girls blame by you.

I think we have decided on Phoebe Eliza Fae (last name is 2 syllables beginning with M and ending in -er sound)

We love the name but are slightly concerned Phoebe is sneaking up the chart in the UK where we live ( it's now at no.25)
    I don't know if we should be bothered by this or not. I don't tend to be a fan of overly popular names.

If not Phoebe than what instead? We would love it to be a Biblical name as we are Christian.
    Names we like atm:
    Lia (Leah) - love this character and husband and I both have sisters called Rachel so it would honor them but not sure how it sounds with surname

Please make suggestions

I'm not just looking for biblical names. I also love names that have a godly meaning eg. Loving Thea atm which means Gift of God.
    Last edited by millienow2011; December 9th, 2012 at 02:36 PM.

I like Phoebe but love Leah.

My other favourite girls' Biblical names in no particular order:

Hannah - but very popular.
    Naomi - I would absolutely use this IRL if my married name didn't rhyme with it in a terrible way.
    Yael/Jael - I've seen it spelt either way and still pronounced Yah-el. I wouldn't like it with a hard j though, rather jail-ish.
    Mara - Sad meaning, pretty name.
    Kezia/Keziah/Ketzia - I love this and its sweet meaning, but I do not like the Kez-EYE-ah pronunciation, only keh-zee-ah or keh-tzee-ah. It's quite obscure compared to some of the others.
    Noa - Some people will think it sounds boyish but Noa was a woman in Exodus and not to be confused with Noah.

My sister has Abigail on her own list. It's a bit too popular for me.

And in the New Testament I'm fond of Tabitha, Talitha, and Susannah as names, though I don't know much about any of those three.

Phoebe was ranked at 24 last year, only 2008 babies were named Phoebe. Amelia, Olivia and Lily are all around 5000, and those are the names you hear everywhere. If you love Phoebe I would go with that one!
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype][CENTER]My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014[/CENTER][/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by millienow2011 View Post
    Hey Berries,

We just found out lil sprog is a baby girl and I wanted to run our girls blame by you.

I think we have decided on Phoebe Eliza Fae (last name is 2 syllables beginning with M and ending in -er sound)

We love the name but are slightly concerned Phoebe is sneaking up the chart in the UK where we live ( it's now at no.25)
    I don't know if we should be bothered by this or not. I don't tend to be a fan of overly popular names.

If not Phoebe than what instead? We would love it to be a Biblical name as we are Christian.
    Names we like atm:
    Lia (Leah) - love this character and husband and I both have sisters called Rachel so it would honor them but not sure how it sounds with surname

Please make suggestions
    I love Lia! It's a beautiful name. I'm confused on how it honors someone named Rachel though.

I like Phoebe Eliza Fae!
    guinea piggie mama to Hetty+Olga+Enid+Winnie