Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Stella Blythe: what do you think?

Expecting our first and have, we think just decided on a name if it's a girl: Stella Blythe. My husband's grandmother, who he is very close to, is named Stella and we would like to honor her in this way. Blythe is just b/c we like it, and the meaning (free spirit, happy, carefree) is lovely. Only concern is that Stella is too popular and will only become more so.... Thoughts?

I love the name Stella and was going to name my first daughter that until I realized the popularity. I also met a few animals named Stella which turned me off to the name. I was leaning towards Estelle which I think is beautiful and sophisticated (and none of my friends named their dogs Estelle, yet). I love the middle name Blythe that you've selected. Overall, I think Stella Blythe is a gorgeous name!

I really like it. Great meanings, pretty names. Really love Blythe and they compliment each other nicely.
    Mum to Mousie, Foo, Bumptious and Pudding.

I love Stella. I think it's popular without being every second girl. Not over done at all- I have only ever taught one Stella.
    I like the meaning of Blythe.

Stella Kate is still one that rings my bells a tad more though.

Emilia
    Phoebe Eliza Grace arrived after 2 Years of IVF

Strong and unusual. I've only ever met one Stella and one Blythe. They're not quite my style, but an interesting name. Go for it!
    Isolde - Eluned - Freya - Anouk - Tabitha
    Caspar - Edmund - Ebbe - Fred - Oskar