Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Thank you all for taking the time to respond.
    I have been rethinking Cagely, I kinda have a connection to it because I made it up and loved it a couple years ago, but I think I might be growing out of it now.
    I know Emrys is a boy name, and I love Carys, but I also really like the nn remmie and as Emrys isn't in the top 1000 for either gender, I thought it might work. I also really like Isaiah, but I have a name that has been in the top 20 since before I was born and while it wasn't horrible, it's not something I would chose for my future children
    I guess I don't really see what's wrong with made up names. I'm assuming a lack of a meaning has something to do with it, but what's better, telling Kennedy that her name means misshapen head, or telling Sosha that her mommy and daddy absolutely loved her name?
    Anyway thank you for your time and insight.
    Last edited by wednesday135; December 12th, 2012 at 03:07 PM.
    Still in highschool, but I love names!!!

Quote Originally Posted by wednesday135 View Post
    I know Emrys is a boy name, and I love Carys, but I also really like the nn remmie and as Emrys isn't in the top 1000 for either gender, I thought it might work.
    I guess you're right that since it's so uncommon it could work for either gender. Like I said, it's my favorite from your list and it is very pretty.
    Quote Originally Posted by wednesday135 View Post
    I guess I don't really see what's wrong with made up names. I'm assuming a lack of a meaning has something to do with it, but what's better, telling Kennedy that her name means misshapen head, or telling Sosha that her mommy and daddy absolutely loved her name?
    lol, good example! It's really not the lack of meaning that bothers me, but the constantly correcting people about the spelling and pronunciation of your name. Also, "made up" names have a sort of low-brow feel in a lot of areas. If that doesn't bother you then stick to your guns and love what you love
    Livy/Lucy : Geneva/Gwen : Coralie/Alice : Noelle/Eve
    Eli/Bennett : Jude/Zane: Luke/Leo : Levi/Phineas

Weslynn Ivy - Sounds really nice actually but not keen, Ivy is lovely
    Cagely Sophia - Cagely is.. interesting. Sophia is again, lovely!
    Samaya Jasmine - Samaya is NMS but its my favourite of the list! Jasmine is pretty too
    Emrys Willow/Liviana - The only Emrys' that I've met have been boys, but I can see it working on a girl, Willow and Liviana are cute

Boys:
    Xadrian Judah - Looks weird but actually sounds cool, and Judah is so cool!
    Jamari Amedeo - NMS
    Azaiah Samuel - The spelling looks weird and too much but it sounds good.
    ~ Under Construction! ~

Ok, here is my updated list:
    Weslynn Ivy - I'm going to stick with this one, as I really love it.
    Samaya Jasmine - Again, I love it, but should I use June instead in the mn spot?
    Emrys Liviana - I think this combo works better than willow
    Xadrian Judah - I'm going to keep because I love the sound
    Jamari Samuel - does the more classic middle work better?
    Isaiah ??? - yeah, you guys convinced me. I don't want him to go through life introducing himself as "Azaiah, like Isaiah, but with an a-z instead of I-s" Are there any more unusual middles that would flow well with this? I was considering Isaiah Amedeo, but I felt like that was too many vowels.
    Yes, I dropped Cagely. Everyone I mentioned it to brought up the word cagey like some one said... Oh well, it was a childhood obsession.
    I'm really grateful to every one who commented. You have been very helpful.
    Last edited by wednesday135; December 12th, 2012 at 11:55 PM.
    Still in highschool, but I love names!!!

Weslynn Ivy - Weslynn is interesting but combined with Ivy it looks a bit Teen mom (which is totally cool since you're in HS). It's the repetition of y's for me. How about Weslin Ivy?

Samaya Jasmine - I think Samaya June has a stronger ring. However, Jasmine is really nms so I might be biased.

Emrys Liviana - Actually really liked Emrys Willow and would have suggested Emrys Willa as an alternative. (I prefer both over Emrys Liviana)

Xadrian Judah - I still think Xadrian looks made up and I find is a little awkward to say. One of the best things about the nam Adrian is it's softer distinguished sound. The X just kills that. I'd LOVE Judah Adrian as an alternative.

Jamari Samuel - Jamari is nms. I don't think switching from Amedeo (I'd have preferred Amadeo) to Samuel makes it better. Why not just stick to Jamar or Jamal?

Isaiah ??? - is my favorite name off of your list. (Besides Emrys) I think Emrys Isaiah would be very handsome on a guy. Otherwise Isaiah Quinn might be nice.
    Aurelia - Endora - Illyria - Lorelei - Merida - Ofelia - Penrose - Tabitha - Viola - Zenobia
    Alaric - Anton - Cedric - Dexter - Erich - Felix - Hector - Hendrik - Leonidas - Victor
    Engaged to the best Man in the World. (God-mama to Lawrence, a little bundle of sunshine).