Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Zeferena

Oddly enough, I kind of like Zeferina, even though Serefina/Serephina etc. are too frilly for me. I guess the Z tends to be a harsh-sounding letter, but feels just right in an otherwise frilly name.
    ~Favorites of the moment~

Girls: Sonya, Caroline, Sakura, Carmilla, Terra
    Boys: Conrad, Fain, Marcelo, Serge, Isidoro

Vote on my name list!

I really like Zepherina with Ivy, Elizabeth and Anne-Sophie even though Anne-Sophie is probably a bit much. Thanks for the suggestions!
    Josephine Athénaïs - Josephine Ivy - Myriam Athénaïs - Vivienne Josephine
    Athena Beatrice - Beatrice Cecile - Eléonor Anne-Sophie -Myriam Beatrice - Meredith Elizabeth
    Ambrose Aristide - Ulysses Aristide

Girls: Aenor, Bérangère, Bérénice, Catalina, Honorine, Nadezhda Boys: Augustin, Calixte, Emeric, Hugo, Lambert, Maxandre, Maxence, Yves

~~Formerly know on the boards as The.TX.Belle~~

Well, I love Zephyranth (for a boy). I generally don't like -ina names. Zeraphine is nice or Zephyrine

Fox * Shea * Jade * Azure * Eden * Greer * Arden
    Lotus * Tallulah * Noor * Jasper * Blaise * Linden

I believe Zeferina is the Portuguese version/spelling of a name I'm more familiar with as Zephyrine, the French version. These names all relate to Zephyr or Zephyros, the Greek god of the West Wind, or Zephyrinus, a late Roman name (there was a saint with this name).

So! An intriguing name with a lot of great history. I actually love it but think you need to stay simple in the middle -- one syllable if you've got a longer last name, two if you've got a one-syllable surname.
    Pam Satran
    Nameberry

@Pam I didn't know it was Portuguese, that's really interesting! From what I knew it's Spanish and it's somewhat common among Hispanics, my husband said he has his heart set on Zeferina Marie but I think I have my heart set on a totally different name though I do like Zephyrine.
    Josephine Athénaïs - Josephine Ivy - Myriam Athénaïs - Vivienne Josephine
    Athena Beatrice - Beatrice Cecile - Eléonor Anne-Sophie -Myriam Beatrice - Meredith Elizabeth
    Ambrose Aristide - Ulysses Aristide

Girls: Aenor, Bérangère, Bérénice, Catalina, Honorine, Nadezhda Boys: Augustin, Calixte, Emeric, Hugo, Lambert, Maxandre, Maxence, Yves

~~Formerly know on the boards as The.TX.Belle~~