Names Searched Right Now:

Help defining my style; boys version

[FONT=Georgia]As I posted on the girls forum; Just now beginning to compile name lists and having difficulty pinning down a style. Feeling like I'm currently sort of all over the place. I'd like to give you all names from my boys list & have you group them by style, if you're interested. Appreciate any input![/FONT]

Breccan nn Bren
    Coen
    Declan nn Dex
    Lennox nn Knox
    Everett nn Rhett
    Henry
    Hugo
    Kai
    Garrison
    Leo
    Lou
    Milo
    Camdan
    Lachlan
    Jamison
    Ash
    Nash
    Soren
    Silas
    Holden
    Sheperd
    Lennon
    George
    Oliver
    Elijah
    Elias
    Amias
    Felix
    Sennett
    Kieran
    Copeland
    McInley
    Mclean
    Jude
    Tiernan
    Finley
    Flynn
    Liam
    Madden
    Remy
    Lucan

Well, I certainly noticed one very common theme after typing these in succession; I am clearly quite fond of the "an" ending! That's bothersome for for me, being that it is currently so trendy. Other suggestions along these style lines to help me break out of this rut?? Last name begins with a vowel, which tends to make me lean towards names ending in a hard consonant...
    Thanks so much!

Seems like a mix of casual modern cowboy names, rugged surnames and Celtic names, and clean classics.

Favorites:
    Henry
    Hugo
    Lou
    Lachlan
    Ash
    Soren
    Oliver
    Elijah
    Amias (though I prefer Amyas or Amis)
    Felix
    Copeland... odd but I like it. Appalachian Spring? For a similar-sounding surname, I prefer Kipling.
    Jude
    Tiernan
    Flynn
    Remy

Copeland is a great band. Not sure if you were aware of that or not.

You are right that defining your style is tough. You are kind of all over the place! And I think that's great. You definitely like Irish and Scottish names. The overall feel is very European, with Soren coming in for the Scandinavians. Although you have some posh English lords in there, you are definitely a fan of the Celtic names.

I wasn't aware of the band Copeland (although listening to them current on youtube & enjoying the sound!). A bit surprised, as I listen to a lot of indie rock. To me, Copeland is a family surname.
    I am drawn towards Celtic names, as my maiden name is the Scottish surname meaning "son of the carpenter". I am having a hard time letting go of it (actually haven't officially changed my name a year after being married!) and would like to possibly honor my Scottish heritage by using Celtic names for future children. My issue with that is, I don't seem to be drawn to so many Celtic names for girls (see similarly titles thread in Girls Name forum for my girls list). Trying to define a style outside of the origin of names so as not to feel tied into a Celtic theme...

Quote Originally Posted by sparrowfinch View Post
    Copeland is a great band. Not sure if you were aware of that or not.

You are right that defining your style is tough. You are kind of all over the place! And I think that's great. You definitely like Irish and Scottish names. The overall feel is very European, with Soren coming in for the Scandinavians. Although you have some posh English lords in there, you are definitely a fan of the Celtic names.