Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    I've heard boys with shorter syllables tend to be better received among their peers.
    So and Keith would be better received or potentially more popular than say an Sebastian.
    Laurel - 21 - Aries - Slytherin - University of Toronto

I agree with previous posters that one-syllable names can encompass a very wide variety of styles. When you say male names, do you mean exclusively male names, or just names used on males? For instance, Sloan is a 1-syllable unisex name, and Chris is a 1-syllable unisex nn, so would those be included, or are we talking more about Luke and Kurt?

Gender specific. I don't really do unisex.
    Wanting to be pregnant.

I think they just sound strong and masculine with no fluff. All boy on a boy who likes to play in the dirt and get messy and then all
    Manly on a man. That is my husband's criteria for a name..haha.

1 Syllable names on males always make me envision football players, even more so with a one syllable last name. I remember hearing my friends talking about Brad Pitt and I chimed in "Isn't he a football player" man did they get a laugh out of that lol, I don't know my actors well. Brett Farve is another good example.

1 syllable male names just seem more jockish and I'm not a fan of those since I never really liked jocks....

For the misspelled = learning delays, it's probably because they just don't know how to spell their name, especially when they pick a word name like River and change it to Ryver but pn it the same. It must be confusing for the child, but I don't think it aims directly towards boys... I know my cousin Sumer had a little trouble understanding that the word summer is spelled with 2 m's. I don't know if it caused any huge learning delay, but a minor bump in the road.

The only correlation I know I've read in articles is that A names tend to get better grades than C and D names. However, this I believe could be inaccurate since A names are very popular, which skews the results.
    Last edited by catloverd; December 7th, 2012 at 09:29 AM.
    Our Cats:
    Calcifer & Mittzy

Our Dog:
    Lexie

Favorite Names
    Elsa ~ Flora ~ Luna ~ Euphemia ~ Caroline ~ Artemis
    Ezra ~ Severus ~ Llewellyn ~ Rory ~ Liam ~ Preston

Author Site | Tumblr | Blog | Free Printables