Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Our final two... but neither are perfect.... help

Ok so I am almost positive that our final two are either Genevieve or Penelope, as a sister for Leo. I love both names but have concerns about each one.

1) Genevieve- What I am MOST concerned about is her being called Jenny. I have known so many Jennifers/Jennys that I have some really bad associations with the nickname. I know I can ask family and close friends to not call her Jenny but do you think it is inevitable that her friends and classmates will call her Jenny? I much prefer the nickname Eve/Evie/Neve. Another thing, though not as big of a deal, is that I am worried the pronunciation will get butchered. Do you think its a difficult name for non nameberries to pronounce?

2) Penelope- I am worried about the popularity of this name, even before Kim Kardashian named her daughter Penelope it was rising. I want my daughter to have a name that is out of the top 100 and likely never to reach the popularity levels of Emma/Bella etc. How popular do you think this name will get?

Bonus question.... I am also trying to decide which middle name sounds the best. I have a few we might use but not sure which sounds best with which first name. Catherine, Margaret, or Mary to honor my grandmother.

Thank you so much for reading!
    ~Beautiful son Leo Alexander born 2012~

Girls: Evangeline~Penelope~Emmeline~Margot~Caroline~Augus ta

Boys: Oliver~Everett~Henry~Leo~Sebastian~Felix~Arthur

Genevieve - I don't think people will call her Jenny if you call her something else. Like, if you call her Evie (which I love), she will correct people when they call her Jen/Jenny. I don't think Genevieve's pronounciation will get butchered, it's a common although not-so-often used name.

Penelope - I think if Kim Kardashian had named her child this it would be popular, but it's only Kourtney Kardashian who named her baby Penelope (sorry, Kourt!). Honestely I think Penelope is just a passing fad. I only see the name in the 200s tops.

I like Genevieve best. Genevieve Mary Catherine sounds great!
    All the best,
    Shannon

Charlotte Noelle
    Baby boy due February 16th, 2013

I love Genevieve! I really don't think the nn Jenny will be used in school, especially if she only goes by Genevieve.
    Genevieve Margaret is really pretty.

Penelope is beautiful with Leo, and I don't think she will become the next Emma or Bella. Penelope Catherine is my favorite combo.
    Anna Elizabeth, Caroline Audrey, Catherine Grace, Charlotte Eve
    James Frederick, Liam Alexander, Luke Benjamin, Patrick Elliot

Love Genevieve! I agree with the other commenters, if she goes into school and already has the nn Evie, that's what she'll get called.

I love the sibset of Leo and Genevieve, so that would get my vote.
    ♥ Margaret Mary ♥
    20. Name nerd. College sophomore. Identical twin.

★ Elza Josephine ★ Harriet Corliss ★ Ida Rosemary ★ Mary Jessamine ★ Rose Christabel ★ Sarah Margaret ★
    ★ Asher Benedict ★ Gabriel August ★ James Fletcher ★ John Constantine ★ Noah Alexander ★ Samuel Ernest ★