Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Our final two... but neither are perfect.... help

Ok so I am almost positive that our final two are either Genevieve or Penelope, as a sister for Leo. I love both names but have concerns about each one.

1) Genevieve- What I am MOST concerned about is her being called Jenny. I have known so many Jennifers/Jennys that I have some really bad associations with the nickname. I know I can ask family and close friends to not call her Jenny but do you think it is inevitable that her friends and classmates will call her Jenny? I much prefer the nickname Eve/Evie/Neve. Another thing, though not as big of a deal, is that I am worried the pronunciation will get butchered. Do you think its a difficult name for non nameberries to pronounce?

2) Penelope- I am worried about the popularity of this name, even before Kim Kardashian named her daughter Penelope it was rising. I want my daughter to have a name that is out of the top 100 and likely never to reach the popularity levels of Emma/Bella etc. How popular do you think this name will get?

Bonus question.... I am also trying to decide which middle name sounds the best. I have a few we might use but not sure which sounds best with which first name. Catherine, Margaret, or Mary to honor my grandmother.

Thank you so much for reading!
    ~Beautiful son Leo Alexander born 2012~

Girls: Evangeline~Penelope~Emmeline~Margot~Caroline~Augus ta

Boys: Oliver~Everett~Henry~Leo~Sebastian~Felix~Arthur

Genevieve - I don't think people will call her Jenny if you call her something else. Like, if you call her Evie (which I love), she will correct people when they call her Jen/Jenny. I don't think Genevieve's pronounciation will get butchered, it's a common although not-so-often used name.

Penelope - I think if Kim Kardashian had named her child this it would be popular, but it's only Kourtney Kardashian who named her baby Penelope (sorry, Kourt!). Honestely I think Penelope is just a passing fad. I only see the name in the 200s tops.

I like Genevieve best. Genevieve Mary Catherine sounds great!
    All the best,
    Shannon

Charlotte Noelle
    Baby boy due February 16th, 2013

I love Genevieve! I really don't think the nn Jenny will be used in school, especially if she only goes by Genevieve.
    Genevieve Margaret is really pretty.

Penelope is beautiful with Leo, and I don't think she will become the next Emma or Bella. Penelope Catherine is my favorite combo.
    From our ancestors come our names, but from our virtues our honors. ~ Proverb

Love Genevieve! I agree with the other commenters, if she goes into school and already has the nn Evie, that's what she'll get called.

I love the sibset of Leo and Genevieve, so that would get my vote.
    ♥ Margaret Mary ♥
    19. Name nerd. College freshman.

~ Eliza Josephine ~ Esther Christabel ~ Harriet Aurelia ~ Mary Jessamine ~ Rose Georgina ~ Sarah Margaret ~
    ~ Asher Benedict ~ Gabriel Walter ~ John Constantine ~ Noah August ~ Reuben Alexander ~ Samuel Ernest ~