Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Dessa?

Hybrid View

Question Dessa?

I looked up the name Dessa as it is a combo of my MIL's and my mothers name. I thought it might be a good way to honour both ( as a MN only). All I could find is that is was in the top 1000 in like 1900.

Anyone know what it means or it's actual origin??

Do you like it or does it seem "made up" ???

Thanks!
    boys names drive me crazy!

I've never heard the name Dessa before, but I like it!

I sort of like it! It sort of reminds me of a combo of Adele and Tessa--I think I would prefer Adessa (although I'm not sure how legit that is, either), but Dessa is sweet. I think it would be confused with Tessa a lot, though, so if I used it, it'd be as a MN...

ETA: Now that I've looked into it a bit more, I think Odessa would be an attractive option, as well...
    Ashley
    twenty-something namenerd and aspiring novelist

Isabelle + Arianne + Olivia + Violet + Charlotte + Emmeline + Eleni + Grace + Audrey + Eva + Catherine + Tess + Zoe
    Caleb + Everett + Jack + Avery + Samuel + Zane + Brody + Declan + Caspar + Grant + Rory + Thomas + Peter

Quote Originally Posted by ashthedreamer View Post
    I sort of like it! It sort of reminds me of a combo of Adele and Tessa--I think I would prefer Adessa (although I'm not sure how legit that is, either), but Dessa is sweet. I think it would be confused with Tessa a lot, though, so if I used it, it'd be as a MN...

ETA: Now that I've looked into it a bit more, I think Odessa would be an attractive option, as well...
    I would stick with Dessa over Odessa. Perhaps Dessa originally came from Odessa? I'm not sure, I never looked into it.

I don't consider Odessa a usable name:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ODESSA

I like Dessa, since it has meaning to you. I think if it were to have a background it would be as a derivitive of Odessa.

I prefer plain Dessa as a middle name. I think it's lovely.
    The Future Littles:
    Delaney Lynne, Mallory June, Bridget Victoria, Rachel MarloweBrandon Erich, Daniel Kent, Nolan ____