Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sister for Genevieve Elizabeth

Expecting baby girl #2, my older daughter is named Genevieve Elizabeth. We picked Genevieve for the old fashioned, feminine feel and I am looking for something similar for this baby. Elizabeth is a family name so although I worried it was a bit long with Genevieve we went with it anyway. We decided on Evie as a nickname but tend to call her Genevieve most of the time. We are Catholic so I liked that Genevieve is a saint's name but that is not a necessity. I also liked that it's in the 200s popularity wise - not completely unfamiliar to people but also not too popular.

For baby #2, I love Cecelia but my husband is not a fan at all. We both like Rosalie but a cousin just named her daughter Rose. I have been thinking something along the lines of Annabelle or Annalise/Anneliese. Hubby has suggested Josephine but I think it's too similar to Genevieve.

Would love some suggestions!

Oh my! I love all your name choices! I have an Elizabeth and an Annabelle, and love the name Genevieve! (If we have another girl that will probably be her name!) Anyway! I hope my little list here helps!

Annabelle (Would be so sweet with Genevieve)
    Madeleine
    Constance
    Abigail
    Susannah/Susanna
    Charlotte (not sure about the pairing with Genevieve?)

Do you want another name that is long like Genevieve Elizabeth?
    The 3 Princesses in my life...

Elizabeth Hope
    Annabelle Cadence
    Madeleine Pearl

Cecelia is gorgeous! Cecelia Rosalie sounds really pretty to me. What's DH's issue with Cecelia?

I agree that Josephine is too close to Genevieve.

What about:
    Amelia
    Bryony (also spelled Briony, but the two-y spelling is the original!)
    Charlotte (2nd-ing that suggestion!)
    Eleanor
    Eloise
    Emmeline
    Evelyn
    Lenora
    Lucia (I say loo-SEE-uh and I'm in CA, the pronunciation is debated)
    Matilda
    Penelope (Poppy and Lola are nn options if you are like me and don't like Penny or Nell/Nellie)
    Seraphina (Effie and Nina are more spunky nickname alternatives to Sera.. this could honor hubby's sis)
    Violet

Any strike your fancy?
    ~* Not Expecting, Just Collecting *~
    Beatrix | Bryony | Cordelia | Eloise | Felicity | Guinevere | Matilda | Penelope | Tabitha | Winifred
    August | Dorian | Ezra | George | Hugo | Leopold | Lysander | Oberon | Theodore | Truman

There are many great Saint names to choose from:
    Felicity
    Adele
    Helena
    Lucia
    Francesca
    Estella
    Susanna