Names Searched Right Now:

View Poll Results: What do you think of Frederick?

Voters
46. You may not vote on this poll
  • Love it

20 43.48%
  • Not my style but would like to see someone else use it

21 45.65%
  • Not a fan at all

5 10.87%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    I love it. It was on my short list of boy names.

I have professed my love for Frederick over and over again. But unfortunately, the nicknames Fred and Freddie are what eventually nixed it for me. But if you like these nicknames, I say go for it! Frederick is a handsome, underused classic.
    mother to Louisa (born 11/22/2010) and Frederik (born 2/19/2013)

I would only like it if the nn Freddie was used... just not a fan of the sound of the full name.
    Favourites at the moment ♥

Leah, Scarlett, Sophie, Claire, Vivian, Madeleine, Evangeline, Selena, Gillian, Nina, Mila, Heidi, Isla, Hazel, Annabelle, Lydia, Celia, Violet, Genevieve
    Elias, Eli, Dominic, Thatcher, Graham, Noel, Nolan, Chase, Mattias, Dean, Cole, Blake, Daniel, Ash, Rhys, Julian, Callum, Kieran, Aidan, Ronan

I have a cat named Frederick...he was originally just Fred but after I named him, I realized how much I love Frederick, so now I call him Frederick James just because I love the way it sounds. Now I'm sad that I've "wasted" the name on a cat when I could have used it on an actual child one day, haha.
    I think it's a great name. It sounds very masculine and regal to me. Then again, I love regal, "prince-like" names for boys. Edward, James, Henry, Phillip, William...

I voted "love it" but I'm not sure that's even quite right, lol. I love the nn Freddie, I think it's adorable, but I hate Fred (had an awful acquaintance with the name), and Frederick continues to remind me of him even though he always went by Fred, never Frederick. I guess I should have voted "nms but I'd love to see someone else use it". I wish there was a Freddie name I loved, because I'd love to at least consider it, but that definitely wouldn't happen with Frederick for me. :/ I do really like it for you, though--I think it goes with a lot of your favorites.
    Ashley
    twenty-something namenerd and aspiring novelist

Isabelle + Arianne + Olivia + Violet + Charlotte + Emmeline + Eleni + Grace + Audrey + Eva + Catherine + Tess + Zoe
    Caleb + Everett + Jack + Avery + Samuel + Zane + Brody + Declan + Caspar + Grant + Rory + Thomas + Peter