Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Question What type of person do you picture???

Elijah has really started growing on me and SURPRISE dh actually likes it! ( which really is a miracle as he hates everything!)

SOOOO... What type of person do you picture??? ( I dont know even 1 Elijah)

Do you think it is on its way to becoming very popular??? (like Jacob?) Or will it remain used and familiar but not super popular???

(I should add that I am in Canada and Elijah is NOT in the top 100 here)
    Last edited by backtomyroots; December 6th, 2012 at 01:10 PM.
    boys names drive me crazy!

I am pretty sure Elijah is in the top 20 already! I do consider it popular, but not overly so. I always picture somebody handsome and intelligent. More bookish than athletic. Hubby and I like the name a lot too, but its popularity and its biblical origins were a deal breaker for us.

It feels fairly popular to me. I've definitely met some Elijahs. I feel like Elijah can be anybody. It doesn't give me a strong stereotypical image of any kind, which, in my opinion, is a good thing.

I love the name and nn ELI, it is growing in popularity but I havent met one!
    Mom to Jack Louis, Claire Bonnie and baby BOY due Christmas Day
    He will be either Max ,Ben, Ryan or Patrick
    Vote on my names http://www.babynames.com/namelist/9751728

I have met over 20 Elijahs. No joke. lol. It's crazy popular here, but I still love it. For the longest time I hated it because of its popularity, but a couple months ago it really grew on me, and I adore it. I wouldn't use it as a FN due to its popularity (it'll probably be top 10 next year), but I do adore it.

Surprisingly enough, when I picture Elijah, I don't picture any of the Elijahs I know. I picture a sweet little sunshine boy with bright blue eyes and blond hair, a mama's boy with a heart of gold. I love the reference to the prophet Elijah, as well.
    Last edited by ashthedreamer; December 6th, 2012 at 02:17 PM.
    Ashley
    twenty-something namenerd and aspiring novelist

Isabelle + Arianne + Olivia + Violet + Charlotte + Emmeline + Eleni + Grace + Audrey + Eva + Catherine + Tess + Zoe
    Caleb + Everett + Jack + Avery + Samuel + Zane + Brody + Declan + Caspar + Grant + Rory + Thomas + Peter