Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

A boy name for Lilac's twin

I need a boy name for my boy/girl twins. For my girl, I have decided on Lilac for a first name - I've always loved it and it matches her older sister's name (Lily) because they are both flower names. However, I can't decide on a name for my boy twin. I don't want anything too cutesy or twin-y; I want them to have their own identities. However, I also want the names to sound good together. Some boy names I am considering include:

William
    Arthur
    Matthew
    Daniel
    Nathaniel (Nathan for short)
    John
    Aidan
    Remus

Also, which of these names would you put together in a first-middle combination? (I kind of like William Arthur but I am open to anything). Feel free to add other suggestions! I also need to decide on a middle name for Lilac. Here are some of my thoughts, but feel free to add your own opinions:

Lilac Primrose
    Lilac Aurora
    Lilac Alyce
    Lilac Isabelle
    Lilac Cassandra
    Lilac Diana

If it helps, their siblings are James, Al, and Lily - and no, our last name is not Potter. Pure coincidence that the names sort of match!

I like the way William, Nathan(iel), and John sound best within the sibset. I think I like the longer more flowing sound of Nathaniel as a twinset to Lilac. I really want to vote for the other HP names on your list but I think John is the only one that works. Arthur is too close to Al in my opinion and Remus seems a bit too "out-there" next to the other kids' names.

You children's names are very Harry Potter, which I am loving! Are you sure you don't like the name Lavender as much as you like Lilac? Haha. Suggestions: Dean, Charles, or Theodore? Good luck! =]

To amydomsmom: Haha! I didn't even realize John was HP until you pointed it out! I know Arthur and Remus would be pushing it with the little Harry Potter theme we have going on, but I can't help it...I've loved those names forever! They will probably be vetoed anyway, but I thought I'd just put them out there for suggestion! I do like Dean, but I had an uncle who I was not close to named Dean so I don't think I can do that, and Charles is a little bit too old-fashioned for my taste. However, I love Theodore and will consider that! Thanks so much for your reply!

I really love Lilac Diana for your little girl. I really like Arthur and Aiden for your little boy.

Some other suggestions that might go nice botanically are

Heath
    Cyprus/Cy
    Reed
    River
    Jasper

I like Lilac Diana. What about Lilac Dianthe (greek for flower)? I like William and Arthur from your boys list. Lilac and Artie is super cute.
    Loving: Lilith Delphine, Daphne Elisabeth, Eleanor Lilac and my GP Amaryllis Clio
    William Dougal, Rupert Theodore and my GP Augustin Sage

Celestia, Opal, Agatha, Mabel, Delphine, Lilith, Magnolia, Eleanor, Olympia, Harriet, Daphne, Nora, Tabitha, Lilac, Saffron, Wilhelmina, Clio, Amaryllis
    Vaughn, Sterling, Samson, Sage, Rupert, Hugo, August, Stellan, Dougal, Sydney, Theodore, William