Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by amberglow View Post
    For me it's everly, I love the way its pronounced I just wish it had some type of origin, and a different spelling.
    I had the same problem with Everly for the longest time. I absolutely loved the sound, but hated the spelling because all I saw was Beverly with the B lopped off. Then one day I saw it spelled Everleigh and fell head over heels!

I did some research, and it was actually originally a boys' name, like Ashley or Meredith, moved to the girls for the feminine sounds. It means "boar meadow" or "grazing meadow" depending on the source. Behind the Name is always really accurate, and they say it's from Everley (Old English) meaning "wild boar wood." I'm not crazy about the boar part, but I love the wild wood!

My favorite combo is Alice Everleigh. I absolutely love the way it sounds, all soft and liquid. Alice is my one popular crush. Such a dainty name with such kickass namesakes (explorer of Wonderland, particularly awesome in the Burton version, clairvoyant vampire, multiple rock musicians, and let's not forget the psychic zombie-slaying superwoman from Resident Evil ^_^). But now I'm just getting off topic
    Zion Nathaniel ~ Solomon Fable ~ Balthazar Wolf ~ Malachi Sparrow nn Kai ~ Tobias Rowan ~ Endymion _____ nn Ender ~ Caspian _____
    Alice Willow ~ Ophelia Wren ~ Lucia Pearl ~ Eve Wisteria nn Evie ~ Cosima Rose ~ River _____

GPs
    Narnia Rose, Luna Seraphine, Astoria nn Story, Illyria, Serafina, Soraya, Faerydae
    Orion Melchior North, Tobias Loki, Edmund, Frost, Oberon, Kenshin, Remiel, Atreyu

There have been a few for me, but the only one I can think of is Lydia. I met the sweetest baby named Lydia this summer at my new church and have started watching her periodically. I kind of like the name now.

Cosima and Beau.
    Two so far from my very conservative taste in names, yet I find myself to love them a little bit more everytime I see them.
    I think the main thing is the sounds of both names, saying both out loud sounds really good. Cosima in particular.
    Zelia • Twenty • Film, history and royalty connoisseur • I have a personal blog and one about royalty
    Exporting beautiful old Danish names, exotic Greenlandic names and Greenlandic sibling names
    Henry Ásgeirr Edmund • Amaury Charles Fyodor "Theo" • Alexander Adelin Lórien "Sasha" • Asa Edouard Ivik
    Cosima Ingrid Zenobia "Mimi" • Matilda Ivalo Galadriel "Tilda" • Gaia Margaret Undómiel • Asta Catherine Françoise "Shazza"

I've had so many cases of this! More so with girls, than boys:

Gemma, Agatha, Louisa, Calla, Waverly, Coral, Amaryllis, Catherine, Phoebe, Corinne, Egypt, Athena, Marianna, Octavia, Aubrey, Concordia, Alberta, Ainsley, Pomeline, Lois, Quincy

Wiley, Calvin, Jebediah, Harlan, Eamon, Arrow, Morrisey

I've become obsessed with Calla & Coral in particular, and I'm in the process of warming up to trendier names like Aubrey, Waverly, Paisley, Finley and Ainsley (though at a gingerly pace).

The most recent one for me is Florence. I used to think it was just dreadful but lately I've taken a shine to it. I think because of Florence + the Machine, plus the fact that I recently realized you could use the nickname Ren for it. I could never use it though. One, my husband isn't on board with it and two, the next town over from my hometown is named Florence, so I think my family would find it kind of weird.