Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Your thoughts on this alliteration?

I am absolutely in love with the name Nora. However, the last name is one syllable and starts with N. Substitute the word "noise" if you need to. I'm worried it'll sound too tacky, I guess? I also like the similar name Cora, but...I still like Nora the best.
    Help?
    ♂ Ellis Christopher / Asher Estlin / Seth Joshua / Gordon Thomas / Russell Joseph ♂
    ♀ Marilyn Kay / Joanna Kathryn / Tessa Diane / Nola Elaine / Christine Ruby ♀

I don't think alliteration is nearly as bad as everyone else seems to think... I know a Kayla Kennedy and thin her name sounds so lovely all put together! So, I think Nora "Noise" could be really great! That being said, if it bothers you there are other ways to get to Nora, i.e. Eleanor "Noise" =)

I actually really like alliteration. Some of my favorite names are alliterative combos (Amy Augusta, Lane Lawson, Milena Miette, etc.). I think it sounds lyrical. Despite what others thing of alliteration, Nora N-- appeals to me.

I think it's fine but Eleanor, Lenore or Honora could always be used as a way to get to Nora & avoid alliteration.

I love alliteration! I think it sounds awesome. Nora is a beautiful names as well, I much prefer it to Cora.
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype][CENTER]My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014[/CENTER][/FONT]