Names Searched Right Now:

View Poll Results: Flora, Fiona or Eilidh (prn below)

Voters
109. You may not vote on this poll
  • Flora Ceit

28 25.69%
  • Fiona Lilidh

48 44.04%
  • Eilidh Grace

33 30.28%
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by lavendyr View Post
    Thanks Ashley! His name was James Albert so no feminizations I like! Jim is my fav boys name though if we ever have a boy.
    Jacqueline is a French feminization of James/Jacob. I also like Jamesina, Jacobina/Jacoba. Not as attractive as Gabrielle or Charlotte or something, but they might work. I like Eilidh Jacqueline. I hate the American pronunciation (jack-kwah-line), but I think the French one is very classy (ZHAHK-leen).

Or maybe you could use his initials? I don't know if you have a "J" name on your top 10, but something like Eilidh Juliana Abigail or something might be nice. Or even just Juliana Abigail/etc.
    Ashley
    twenty-something namenerd and aspiring novelist

Isabelle + Arianne + Olivia + Violet + Charlotte + Emmeline + Eleni + Grace + Audrey + Eva + Catherine + Tess + Zoe
    Caleb + Everett + Jack + Avery + Samuel + Zane + Brody + Declan + Caspar + Grant + Rory + Thomas + Peter

Quote Originally Posted by lavendyr View Post
    Thanks tk! I love the creativity. Daffodil is sweet but my husband would die. He doesn't like anything too different sadly! Going to think of the other ideas though!
    Haha, no worries. My husband would probably just laugh if I suggested Daffodil to him. But then, he wanted our daughter's middle name to be Eowyn (nothing wrong with the name BTW, but just as eccentric as Daffodil in it's LOTRness). Although I will give him cred for liking Marigold.
    Tara, proud mama to a Honey Badger
    ... and a Badger in Training

Flora is nms, and the pronunciation of Elidh sounds too much like Kaylee (and other ends in aylee names) Fiona Lilidh is gorgeous!

I read through the comments before voting because I too thought maybe we could find something based on his name over his sister's name or his church since he remains to be so important to you. I can relate, on a couple levels. My firstborn, a boy, was due on my beloved pappy's birthday, and he wanted me to name my son after him but I just didn't love his name or it's variants so I picked something Irish after my granny (his wife and my namesake), and promised him I would name my girl something Italian in his honor. I not only kept my promise but went one further, once this baby is born then all of my girls will have Italian names

So maybe you can work his heritage into the name and that could open other possibilities. If you're still looking that is. I voted for Fiona Lilidh by the way. Fiona is so gorgeous! I love Lily, but would never have guessed that is how you pronounced Lilidh. I have a really difficult time trying to decipher Irish/Scottish names in their traditional spellings. I mean I'm taking a stab in the dark in thinking Mhairi is Mary? If it is, then I have to say I think I prefer Flora Ceit in a sibset with Mary Elizabeth, no matter how pretty I think Fiona is!
    Not so done having children after all. We're not ready for TTC quite yet but when we do get pregnant,the husband handed sole naming rights over to his name obsessed wife!

Bouncing Baby Boy: Tristan Ambrose * Ambrose Galahad* Gabriel Beauregard
    Little Lady: Genevieve Claire * Josephine Adele * Fleur Josephine * Morgana

Just today I began liking Flora. So it got my vote! I do like Fiona too though. I also think Ceit is a fun and spunky middle name.