Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

A name to honor F Scott Fitzgerald

I would love to give my son a middle name to honor F Scott Fitzgerald (full name Francis Scott Key Fitzgerald). I don't want anything obvious like Francis, Scott or Fitzgerald. I was thinking Fitz. First name is Elliot, we were going to go with Matthew but I feel it is a bit boring... any ideas? Thank you!!
    All the best,
    Shannon

Charlotte Noelle
    Baby boy due February 16th, 2013

Elliott Key would be wonderfully subtle & unique
    Elliot Scotland would be a little celeby but kind of cool.
    Elliot Gerald

Look to some of his stories for characters that are thinly veiled versions of himself...I can't think of the names off hand.

Montgomery I think was Zelda's maiden name & I think she was just so awesome

Elliot Fitz is pretty cool. You could also just go with Elliot Gerald, I think that's handsome. I've heard of Fitz/Fritz as a nn for Frederick, too. I like Elliot Frederick, but that might be a bit too boring. I suppose you could go the way of the Kardashians, too, and do Elliot Scotland. Or something like Elliot Kian/Cian, to honor the Key part?

On a side note, I love that he was named after Francis Scott Key! I'm a huge literature and history buff but admittedly not the greatest fan of The Great Gatsby, so I never knew that.
    Ashley
    twenty-something namenerd and aspiring novelist

Isabelle + Arianne + Olivia + Violet + Charlotte + Emmeline + Eleni + Grace + Audrey + Eva + Catherine + Tess + Zoe
    Caleb + Everett + Jack + Avery + Samuel + Zane + Brody + Declan + Caspar + Grant + Rory + Thomas + Peter

Elliott Key would be wonderfully subtle & unique
    Elliot Scotland would be a little celeby but kind of cool.
    Elliot Gerald

Look to some of his stories for characters that are thinly veiled versions of himself...I can't think of the names off hand.

Montgomery I think was Zelda's maiden name & I think she was just so awesome

what about Jay or Nick, characters from The Great Gatsby? Anthony, from The Beautiful and the Damned?