Names Searched Right Now:

View Poll Results: Which "B" middle name is best for baby Jasper?

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jasper Brady

10 31.25%
  • Jasper Barnes

16 50.00%
  • Jasper Bay

6 18.75%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Middle name with a "B" for baby boy Jasper

Hi All,
    We are due with our first baby in June. The first name is Jasper (after my late grandfather Joseph) and we are looking for a middle name after DH's late grandfather Barney. Here's what we have:

Jasper Brady
    Jasper Barnes
    Jasper Bay

Which do you prefer?

Thanks!

Congratulations! I voted for Jasper Barnes. Jasper Bay would probably be my first pick based on sound alone (Bay is a sort of guilty pleasure of mine), but Barnes makes more sense as honoring Barney. I don't like the flow of Jasper Brady as much, nor does it make as much sense. And Jasper Barnes sounds very dignified.
    Best wishes!
    "He telleth the number of the stars; He calleth them all by their names."
    Psalm 147:4

Still dreaming:
    Tobias Rory Benjamin ~ Crispin Isaiah ~ Ransom Horatio ~ Lucius Olórin ~ James Deliverance
    Una Marguerite/Oona Sylvestra ~ Jessamyn Agnes ~ Branwen Evangeline ~ Alice Emmanuelle ~ Christiana Linnet

Jasper Barnaby

I like Barnaby a lot.

Thank you all for your input! Much appreciated.

It must just be me, but using Jasper to honor Joseph and a "B" name to honor Barney doesn't really seem to honor the individual. I plan on using some middles that are less than stylish, just because the person who held the name is more important to me than the sound. I don't mean to be offensive, just thought I'd mention my thoughts.

Of the three you listed, I like Jasper Brady the best going by sound. Going by tradition, I'd just go with Joseph Barney. Good luck!!