Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Tisiphone/ Tesephone

I'm starting to see Persephone getting WAY too popular for my taste, so I've been looking for similar names and have found Tisiphone/Tesephone. It is pronounced like Persephone, but with a different beginning. Ti-sef-oh-nee. I've met several women online that want to use Persephone and I honestly can see it become the next Stephanie, if you catch my drift.

Wdyt? It is also from mythology. If you can come up with other names like Persephone, that would be greatly appreciated!

I'm not sure what other names like Persephone you're looking for? Just names from mythology in general, or names ending in -phone.

These days I think most people can read Persephone and know how it's pronounced... but I'm not sure the same holds for Tisiphone, particularly when it's spelled Tesephone. It just looks like telephone to me.

Dovah,

Either would be fine. I'm trying to find a long, flowy Greek mythological name that is out of the top 1000.

I like the sound of it, but I recognized it right away as being the name of one of the Furies, which isn't a great association. I also just looked it up and it apparently means "avenging murder."

I think that Persephone will likely rise in popularity and become more familiar, but I don't see it becoming so popular that it becomes the next Stephanie. Persephone isn't even in the top 1000 at the moment. I don't see it breaking the top 500 any time soon. I know that Penelope shot up, but Penelope was much more familiar than Persephone to begin with.

I doubt Persephone will really get as popular as Stephanie in it's heyday...then again Penelope's popularity really surprised me so who knows.
    Thisiphone definitely will be much more rare, but it looks awkward to me. Like "This is a phone".

Thais
    Persimmon
    Sappho