Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    7 stone! How tall are you?!

I was tall (5'8 / 172cm) and relatively slender (size 4, mostly, and 6; UK 8-10). I gained 22lbs total, which is less than recommended but I was working full-tilt and rarely had time to eat much. Poor Antoine was nourished entirely on prenatal vitamins and hospital cafeteria food.

Anyway, being the saucy minx I am, most of my clothes were very tight-fitting. I was able to wear regular trousers with a bella band until the third trimester, but honestly maternity clothes (particularly trousers) were so much more comfortable. Anything loose-fitting I wore all the way up to the end, trousers excepted. Afterwards the weight was back to the same *number* by about 6 months with no effort or intervention whatsoever, but it's certainly distributed a bit differently. I still wear about 2/3 of my pre-pregnancy clothes, but the other 1/3 make me look like a sausage.
    Blade, MD

XY: AR
    XX: CVN

Aquila * Chrysanthe * Emmanuelle * Endellion * Ione * Jacinda * Lysandra * Melisande * Myrra * Petra * Rosamond * Seraphine * Silvana * Theophane / Blaise * Cyprian * Darius * Evander * Giles * Laurence * Lionel * Malcolm * Marius * Peregrine * Rainier

كنوز الصحراء الشرقية Hayat _ Qamar _ Sahar _ Maysan _ Iman / Altair _ Fahd _ Faraj _ Khalil _ Najid _ Rafiq _ Tariq

Bladey, you WERE tall? Did you shrink after your pregnancy??

I'm 5'4, quite skinny. I use size 4 & 6 (0 & 2).

Quote Originally Posted by ottilie View Post
    Bladey, you WERE tall? Did you shrink after your pregnancy??

I'm 5'4, quite skinny. I use size 4 & 6 (0 & 2).
    Haha, that's the way I read it too. Don't laugh too hard though - I weigh less now than I did before I got pregnant, and I'm pretty sure I've shrunk height-wise too. Gravity + heavy baby = Slumpy McOucherson.
    Tara, proud mama to a Honey Badger
    ... and a Badger in Training

Ha! You're right. The weight of the world on my shoulders, etc.
    Blade, MD

XY: AR
    XX: CVN

Aquila * Chrysanthe * Emmanuelle * Endellion * Ione * Jacinda * Lysandra * Melisande * Myrra * Petra * Rosamond * Seraphine * Silvana * Theophane / Blaise * Cyprian * Darius * Evander * Giles * Laurence * Lionel * Malcolm * Marius * Peregrine * Rainier

كنوز الصحراء الشرقية Hayat _ Qamar _ Sahar _ Maysan _ Iman / Altair _ Fahd _ Faraj _ Khalil _ Najid _ Rafiq _ Tariq

20ish weeks for button pants and my tighter yoga stuff, other things I can still fit into.now.

Quote Originally Posted by gblondie View Post
    Sorry, I forgot to mention that studies show most women have 5-10 lbs weight gain post pregnancy (and with each subsequent pregnancy) that is very difficult to lose.
    Not true for me (thank goodness, lol...not that there is anything wrong with being one size or another, but looking at my siggy you can see for me at least that would be a lot of weight gain! ) but in general, I have heard "9 months in, 9 months out" in regards to loosing weight after baby comes.
    Married to my love since August 2001
    --—————————————
    My lovely bunch of coconuts;
    Sebastian Elihu (7/02)
    Bronwen Eliza (2/04)
    Linus Ezra Graham (9/06)
    Violet Leona (1/09) and
    Wolfgang Levi (3/13)
    Always missing our Felix Emmanuel (10/10-10/10)