Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Thoughts?

Thoughts?

I recently met a guy named Danon, pronounced Dane-in. I've been crushing on it ever since. I'm not sure what its meaning is, but it seems to be Hebrew. I know it's similar to Dannon, but that doesn't bother me.
    Aubrey|Finley|Theo|Leonidas|Owen|Nolan|Nikolai|Ror y|Lincoln|James|Constantine|Brennan|Zane|Hudson| Sawyer|Boston|Tennessee|Lucien|Aurelius|Aurelien|R hys|Emrys|Alexander|Soren

Cecily ~ Coralie ~ Norah ~ Celeste ~ Noelle ~ Aurelie ~ Evadne ~ Elora ~ Clarity ~ Adelie ~ Persephone ~ Sybil ~ Cora ~ Saskia ~ Alana ~ Eulalie ~ Autumn ~ Liv ~ Caia ~ Linnea ~ Zahra ~ Elowen ~ Eirian ~ Aurora ~ Jessa

Full List
    Full List

I like the sound, but I've always liked the name Dane too. I saw some info that Danon might be an English alternative of Dane meaning from Denmark of course. But also some info that it is a Hebrew surname and possibly means "God is my judge" like Daniel (?).

The visual similarity to Dannon and the impulse to pronounce it that way would be too hard for me to overcome personally. I'd have to go with one of the alternate spellings like Daenon, Daenan, etc.

Interesting!

It's not for me, but it sounds all right. On first sight I wouldn't pronounce it Dane-in though but rather as Day-non, so you might want to play around with the spelling to avoid any confusion.

I would never know how to pronounce it if you hadn't said something in your post. I originally would have pronounced it Dan-on, like the yogurt brand. Damon and Dane might be better, more familiar alternatives.
    Coraline Anastasia ✧ Helena Roxanne ✧ Scarlet Meredith

✧✨✧🌙 ✧✨✧

Casper Jude ✧ Laurence Victor "Law" ✧ Leo Caspian/Victor

I like the name but agree that pronunciation would be a big issue with the similarity to Dannon and words like canon.