Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Baby boy needs a name! WDYT of Dexton?

Due date is getting very close and we still haven't decided on a name. I started a thread a little while back with a long list of possible names. I think we have it narrowed down.

My main question is... What do you think of Dexton? Does it sound made up? Would you think it was really odd if you met a little boy (or a man) named Dexton? It's never been in the top 1000, but I don't think it's too off-the-wall. Some other people seem to think that it is, so I'm wondering if I'm missing something. Please be honest . We're not entirely basing our decision on other peoples' opinions, but we don't want to give him a name that the rest of the world hates, either.

Middle name Edward (family name), so Dexton Edward
    Probably will be called Dex a lot of the time
    Big sister Ellie, I think maybe the names aren't a perfect sibling set but they sound ok together?

Other names still on the list include Max, Owen, and something with "Ky". But Dexton seems to be the name that dh and I can agree on the most right now, without either of us feeling like we've "given in" and agreed to a name we don't really want to use.

It sounds made up. How about desmond ?

You're right. It does sound made up. But you're also right on the other count that it's not too out there.

I prefer Dexter. With that said, Dexter Edward is a bit stop-start.

I much, much prefer Max and Owen.

Dex and Ellie is fine together. Dexton and Ellie not so much.

If you were happy with 'just' Max, would you be happy with 'just' Dex?
    Loving: Lilith Delphine, Daphne Elisabeth, Eleanor Lilac and my GP Amaryllis Clio
    William Dougal, Rupert Theodore and my GP Augustin Sage

Celestia, Opal, Agatha, Mabel, Delphine, Lilith, Magnolia, Eleanor, Olympia, Harriet, Daphne, Nora, Tabitha, Lilac, Saffron, Wilhelmina, Clio, Amaryllis
    Vaughn, Sterling, Samson, Sage, Rupert, Hugo, August, Stellan, Dougal, Sydney, Theodore, William

Quote Originally Posted by emelis View Post
    You're right. It does sound made up. But you're also right on the other count that it's not too out there.

I prefer Dexter. With that said, Dexter Edward is a bit stop-start.

I much, much prefer Max and Owen.

Dex and Ellie is fine together. Dexton and Ellie not so much.

If you were happy with 'just' Max, would you be happy with 'just' Dex?
    This exactly. I like 'just' Dex actually. Prefer it over Dexton by a lot.
    -L

Mom to Conrad, Nolan, Juniper and our newest addition {1.31.13} Beckett Mathias Lou

I prefer Dexter. Dexton sounds made up.