Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    I know a 5 year old Beatrice and an under a year named Beatrix. So while I could see both climbing, I think that in many places neither will be too common.

Beatrice is one of those older names on the fringe like Eleanor and Iris that people either love or feel they are "too old ladyish". It doesn't have the same appeal to the masses like the top 100 "old lady names" do.
    Married to my love since August 2001
    --—————————————
    My lovely bunch of coconuts;
    Sebastian Elihu (7/02)
    Bronwen Eliza (2/04)
    Linus Ezra Graham (9/06)
    Violet Leona (1/09) and
    Wolfgang Levi (3/13)
    Always missing our Felix Emmanuel (10/10-10/10)

I'm in Fort Green which is full of families and I think off-beat but vintage/classic is the major trend here. I always try to post after I go to moms groups!

I think it's a name that gets a lot of air time on blogs, and will obviously be popular in certain circles. But in reality, I don't think it will 'take off' so-to-speak. I just don't see it happening.
    Loving: Lilith Delphine, Daphne Elisabeth, Eleanor Lilac and my GP Amaryllis Clio
    William Dougal, Rupert Theodore and my GP Augustin Sage

Celestia, Opal, Agatha, Mabel, Delphine, Lilith, Magnolia, Eleanor, Olympia, Harriet, Daphne, Nora, Tabitha, Lilac, Saffron, Wilhelmina, Clio, Amaryllis
    Vaughn, Sterling, Samson, Sage, Rupert, Hugo, August, Stellan, Dougal, Sydney, Theodore, William

Oh I love Beatrice too. I also think it might rise to the 300s or so, but I don't think that it is headed to the top of the charts. Beatrice still have the old-lady vibe, but Bea as a nn makes its rise more likely. The -ce ending (like Alice -another fave) also makes it appealing.

BTW agent99, I love all your signature names. Do you pronounce Athénaïs "Ah - té - nah - is"?
    DD Miriam Elodie
    Fave girls: Delphine, Beatrice, Emmanuelle, Josephine, Claire, Vivianne
    Fave boys: Felix, Simon, Roman, Etienne, Arthur, Walter

I don't really know anyone named Beatrice. I've only read it in books, but I really like it.