Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Duke and Duchess of Cambridge

Kate and Will are expecting a little prince or princess (or both). Let the name guessing begin... (how fun)..

I'm really excited to find out the name!
    I expect it will be something really really traditional.
    ~ 20 year-old name lover ~

Mama to Judah David, born November 2012 <3

Alexia Mae, Biblical Baby Name Guru
    http://www.babynamesfromthebible.com/

It'll be super traditional--there'll probably be at least four names. (Which is fine.) If it's a girl, I'm sure Diana and Elizabeth will be included. If it's a boy--look for Charles, William, Phillip, Henry, etc.

Seeing as the child will be placed after Prince William in the line of succession and therefore will be an heir, it's almost 100% certain that his/her name will be top-traditional.

First name: They could choose to go with the ultra traditional names like George, Richard or Edward; Elizabeth, Victoria or Mary. Or they could go with more uncommon yet traditional names like Arthur, Philip, Alexander or Albert; Charlotte, Matilda, Alexandra or Margaret. My money are on either George or Arthur, or Elizabeth, Margaret or Victoria.

"Middle names": As with (almost) every royal baby, the secondary names are probably going to get used to honour family members. A strong contender in my opinion is Francis/Frances, in a girls name being a replacement for Diana. Frances was Diana's middle name and Francis is Michael Middleton's middle name. Francis furthermore has a royal connection in that the father of Queen Mary, the grandmother of Her Majesty the Queen, was Francis, the Duke of Teck. Family names used could be, for a boy: Charles, Louis, Michael, James, Arthur or Philip, for a girl: Elizabeth, Margaret, Anne, Alice, Diana, Alexandra, Carole/Caroline or Mary.

My (first) guesses for a boy:
    George Charles Arthur Philip
    Arthur Charles Philip Francis
    George Philip Arthur Michael
    Alexander Philip Arthur George (long-shot)
    Albert Michael Charles Philip (long-shot)

My (first) guesses for a girl:
    Elizabeth Alice Caroline Frances
    Elizabeth Carole Mary Diana
    Margaret Caroline Frances Elizabeth
    Victoria Carole Diana Elizabeth
    Alexandra Elizabeth Caroline Frances (long-shot)
    Mary Elizabeth Carole Diana (long-shot)
    Alice Diana Elizabeth Carole (long-shot)
    Last edited by shvibziks; December 3rd, 2012 at 02:39 PM.
    Zelia/Elja • Nineteen • Name and history nerd from an early age • I have a blog.
    Trying hard to export beautiful old Danish names, magical Danish nature names and exotic Greenlandic names.
    Current favourite combinations: Henry Ásgeirr Edmund • Amaury Charles Fyodor • Alexander Adelin Lórien
    Cosima Ingrid Zenobia • Matilda Ivalo Galadriel • Gaia Margaret Undómiel