Names Searched Right Now:
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    I think Alexandra or Mary would be good names for a girl, there are a lot of the more "traditional" British royal girls names that are "taken" by other European monarchies or family members like Elizabeth (Princess Elisabeth of Belgium), Victoria (Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden), Margaret (The Hon. Margarita Armstrong-Jones, granddaughter of Princess Margaret and Catherine's bridesmaid), Eleanor (Infanta Leonor of Spain), Catherine (Princess Catharina-Amalia of the Netherlands - and the mother of the child, obviously) etc. There is, though Princess Ingrid Alexandra of Norway and my future Queen consort, Princess Mary of Denmark, but seeing as Alexandra only is Ingrid's secondary name and the fact that she'll most likely "just" be Queen Ingrid, and Mary probably will be dead (or very old) at the time of the royal baby's reign, I think those two names are very likely.

Quote Originally Posted by ozdust View Post
    For a girl:
    Diana would not be allowed as the throne has to approve the baby's name (since she may one day be queen) and Queen Elizabeth didn't like Princess Diana.
    Her Majesty, the Queen was actually very fond of Diana and was angry that Charles wasn't faithful to her, she had enough though, when Diana chose to do the Panorama interview - and who can blame her really? Diana should have risen above and not attacked Charles, the father of her son and the heir to the throne, out in the open.
    Zelia • Twenty • Film, history and royalty connoisseur • I have a personal blog and one about royalty
    Exporting old Danish names, Greenlandic names and Greenlandic sibling names
    Henry Ásgeirr Edmund • Amaury Charles Fyodor "Theo" • Alexander Adelin Lórien "Sasha" • Asa Edouard Ivik
    Cosima Ingrid Zenobia "Mimi" • Matilda/Johanna Ivalo Galadriel "Tilda/Anna" • Gaia Margaret Undómiel • Asta Catherine Françoise

And for the moment: Atticus Elessar Oisín • Aviaaja Agnes Lúthien "Avi"

Out of curiosity, do you think James is a probable name for a boy? Nobody has mentioned it, but it seems to be such a classical name...

I'd love to see them help George make a comeback!

Quote Originally Posted by shvibziks View Post

Her Majesty, the Queen was actually very fond of Diana and was angry that Charles wasn't faithful to her, she had enough though, when Diana chose to do the Panorama interview - and who can blame her really? Diana should have risen above and not attacked Charles, the father of her son and the heir to the throne, out in the open.
    This makes more sense, thanks for the info!
    Auntie to Connor Douglas (June 2012) & Parker Isabella (Oct 2013)

~*Ariadne*Celeste*Esmé*Deirdre*Linnéa*~
    ~*Cian*Everett*Julian*Soren*Theodore*~

My full list here. Please comment and I'll comment on yours
    I believe that maturity has more to do with what types of experiences you've had and what you've learned from them and less to do with how many birthdays you've celebrated.

(Not currently expecting or TTC)

Quote Originally Posted by joana View Post
    Out of curiosity, do you think James is a probable name for a boy? Nobody has mentioned it, but it seems to be such a classical name...
    It would have been the perfect name for a little boy IMO, but there are three James's in the near family: James Middleton, Catherine's younger brother; James, Viscount Severn, William's cousin and son of Prince Edward; and James Ogilvy, son of William's godmother Princess Alexandra of Kent, the Hon. Lady Ogilvy. Alas I doubt they're gonna use that as a first name - sadly
    Zelia • Twenty • Film, history and royalty connoisseur • I have a personal blog and one about royalty
    Exporting old Danish names, Greenlandic names and Greenlandic sibling names
    Henry Ásgeirr Edmund • Amaury Charles Fyodor "Theo" • Alexander Adelin Lórien "Sasha" • Asa Edouard Ivik
    Cosima Ingrid Zenobia "Mimi" • Matilda/Johanna Ivalo Galadriel "Tilda/Anna" • Gaia Margaret Undómiel • Asta Catherine Françoise

And for the moment: Atticus Elessar Oisín • Aviaaja Agnes Lúthien "Avi"