Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    The Prime Minister of Britain David Cameron has stated that since the heads of government of the 16 Commonwealth realms agreed to change the rules of succession by replacing male preference primogeniture with absolute primogeniture, in which the first born child of a monarch is heir apparent regardless of gender, it is now LAW. The change would only apply for descendants of the current Prince of Wales.
    All the best,
    Mischa.

If you are referred to the October meeting it was decided that the British monarchy would have equal primogeniture and royals would be allowed to marry Catholics. So far these changes haven't been signed into law or discussed properly by any country in the commonwealth. It have to be legislated in all of the realms. Also they did say it could take about 4 years to get it all worked out.

Besides, if Catherine's having a boy, this wont even be an issue.
    Zelia • Twenty • Film, history and royalty connoisseur • I have a personal blog and one about royalty
    Exporting beautiful old Danish names, exotic Greenlandic names and Greenlandic sibling names
    Henry Ásgeirr Edmund • Amaury Charles Fyodor "Theo" • Alexander Adelin Lórien "Sasha" • Asa Edouard Ivik
    Cosima Ingrid Zenobia "Mimi" • Matilda Ivalo Galadriel "Tilda" • Gaia Margaret Undómiel • Asta Catherine Françoise "Shazza"

Quote Originally Posted by shvibziks View Post
    It hasn't, nothing has been legislated in any of the realms.
    Sorry, I meant it will be. The commonwealth leaders have agreed, just has to be approved by parliament- which it should be. And it's about time!

Quote Originally Posted by charlieandperry1 View Post
    Sorry, I meant it will be. The commonwealth leaders have agreed, just has to be approved by parliament- which it should be. And it's about time!
    Indeed. Her Majesty is a brilliant example of how women can be just as good leaders as men, maybe better even.
    Zelia • Twenty • Film, history and royalty connoisseur • I have a personal blog and one about royalty
    Exporting beautiful old Danish names, exotic Greenlandic names and Greenlandic sibling names
    Henry Ásgeirr Edmund • Amaury Charles Fyodor "Theo" • Alexander Adelin Lórien "Sasha" • Asa Edouard Ivik
    Cosima Ingrid Zenobia "Mimi" • Matilda Ivalo Galadriel "Tilda" • Gaia Margaret Undómiel • Asta Catherine Françoise "Shazza"

I am so excited for the Duke and Duchess!! I have been a royals lover since I was little

For a girl, I think the following names are likely to be found somewhere in the mix....

Elizabeth- Honors Queen, Kate's mother and herself
    Caroline/Charlotte- Honors Prince Charles, Carole and Pippa Middleton
    Frances- Honors Diana and Michael Middleton

For a boy....

Charles- Same as Caroline/Charlotte
    Philip- A nod to Pippa, Prince Philip, and William
    George- King George, the Queen's father and an underused classic royal name
    William- No brainer
    Cecilia + Daphne + Ronan + Henry