Names Searched Right Now:

Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by maggiemary View Post
    I don't think there is a living prominent royal named Margaret in the royal family right now. Princess Margaret died the same year that the Queen Mother did. Unless I'm missing someone!
    There's Margarita Armstrong-Jones, Princess Margaret's granddaughter, but I can't see why that should stop them from using Margaret.

I don't think that there fact that there's already someone with the name will stop them from using that name. I mean, with boys names in particular, it's almost impossible to find a regal name that's not already in use ... Stephen? I do, however, think that they'll steer clear of names that are used within the immediate family, alas no Andrew, Edward, James and Peter (wouldn't count Philip out though).
    Zelia • Twenty • Film, history and royalty connoisseur • I have a personal blog and one about royalty
    Exporting beautiful old Danish names, exotic Greenlandic names and Greenlandic sibling names
    Henry Ásgeirr Edmund • Amaury Charles Fyodor "Theo" • Alexander Adelin Lórien "Sasha" • Asa Edouard Ivik
    Cosima Ingrid Zenobia "Mimi" • Matilda Ivalo Galadriel "Tilda" • Gaia Margaret Undómiel • Asta Catherine Françoise "Shazza"