Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

William and Kate's baby!

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge {aka William and Kate} have announced that they are expecting a baby.

What names do you predict?

Also, for some entertainment, check out this #UnlikelyRoyalBabyNames trend on twitter: https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Unli...Names&src=tren

Last edited by atlaskatarzyna; December 3rd, 2012 at 01:03 PM.
    Katie Charlotte.

"and when I've hit the ground, neither lost nor found, if you believe in me I'll still believe"

listography / ask

Any name that isn't already taken in the family now could be be a first name.

For the first time, gender doesn't apply! Yeah! Irregardless of whether the baby is a boy or a girl, it will be third in line to the throne after the Prince of Wales and Prince William so I'm hoping it will be a future queen!

Diana (I wonder if they would have the courage to use it!)
    Alice
    Amelia
    Charlotte (although Diana's brother the Earl of Spencer just had a Lady Charlotte Spencer)
    Victoria
    Adelaide
    Caroline
    Matilda
    Eleanor
    Mary
    Helena
    Last edited by mischa; December 3rd, 2012 at 01:43 PM.
    All the best,
    Mischa.

Oh I'd love it if they used Diana as the first name! I'm certain it'll be used as a middle at least though.
    Laurel - 21 - Aries - Slytherin - University of Toronto

Off Mischa's list I like Matilda or Eleanor but I will be back to this thread for more when I have time. I wonder if they have to follow any rules etc.?
    guinea pig mama to HeTTy . oLGa . eNiD . WiNNie

GRaCe . JuLia . KiTTy . MaRGo . NaDia . PoLLy
    HuGo . iGoR . JoHN . RoRy . SaMSoN . ToBy

I think Diana would be a middle name if it's a girl - I think Elizabeth may also be one as well. As this child will be third in line to the throne regardless of gender, I think they have to stick with traditional royal names.

I quite fancy Diana Elizabeth Caroline as the middles, after both mothers and the Queen. Not sure on a first yet though I'm quite liking Mary on the front of that lot.

For boys, Charles is likely to end up as a middle, and possibly Michael as well - Kate's father's first name. It's unlikely to be a first that a prominant royal already bears - so no Edward, Henry, Charles, Andrew, Philip or William. Both William and Charles have Arthur as a middle name so that's a possibility to be passed on to a first son, not sure about where it originates from though.

I'd like Arthur or George as a first, both haven't been used for ages.

Mary Diana Elizabeth Caroline or George Charles Arthur Michael are my picks.

Anna Katherine * Lydia Ellen * Zoe Madeleine * Phoebe ___ * Imogen ___ * Emilia ___
    Samuel * Thomas * Charlie * Reuben * Oliver * George