Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

William and Kate's baby!

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge {aka William and Kate} have announced that they are expecting a baby.

What names do you predict?

Also, for some entertainment, check out this #UnlikelyRoyalBabyNames trend on twitter: https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Unli...Names&src=tren

Last edited by atlaskatarzyna; December 3rd, 2012 at 02:03 PM.
    Katie Charlotte.

"and when I've hit the ground, neither lost nor found, if you believe in me I'll still believe"

listography / ask

Any name that isn't already taken in the family now could be be a first name.

For the first time, gender doesn't apply! Yeah! Irregardless of whether the baby is a boy or a girl, it will be third in line to the throne after the Prince of Wales and Prince William so I'm hoping it will be a future queen!

Diana (I wonder if they would have the courage to use it!)
    Alice
    Amelia
    Charlotte (although Diana's brother the Earl of Spencer just had a Lady Charlotte Spencer)
    Victoria
    Adelaide
    Caroline
    Matilda
    Eleanor
    Mary
    Helena
    Last edited by mischa; December 3rd, 2012 at 02:43 PM.
    All the best,
    Mischa.

Off Mischa's list I like Matilda or Eleanor but I will be back to this thread for more when I have time. I wonder if they have to follow any rules etc.?
    [ Ingo Julius ][ Igor John ][ Samson Hugo ]
    [ Ottilie ][ Emeline ][ Anwen ][ Grace ][ Esther ][ Hope ]

I think Diana would be a middle name if it's a girl - I think Elizabeth may also be one as well. As this child will be third in line to the throne regardless of gender, I think they have to stick with traditional royal names.

I quite fancy Diana Elizabeth Caroline as the middles, after both mothers and the Queen. Not sure on a first yet though I'm quite liking Mary on the front of that lot.

For boys, Charles is likely to end up as a middle, and possibly Michael as well - Kate's father's first name. It's unlikely to be a first that a prominant royal already bears - so no Edward, Henry, Charles, Andrew, Philip or William. Both William and Charles have Arthur as a middle name so that's a possibility to be passed on to a first son, not sure about where it originates from though.

I'd like Arthur or George as a first, both haven't been used for ages.

Mary Diana Elizabeth Caroline or George Charles Arthur Michael are my picks.

Anna Katherine * Lydia Ellen * Zoe Madeleine * Phoebe ___ * Imogen ___ * Emilia ___
    Samuel * Thomas * Charlie * Reuben * Oliver * George

I agree with above. Mary (and all the middle names) and George.
    ~Boys~

Jory Leander Atticus, August Eli Benedict, Casimir Mordecai Stewart,
    Edmond John Meirion, Horatio Ethell Emery, Bram William Jasper,
    Julian Remy Charles, Vasiliy Lochlan Michael.

~Girls~

Aira Rose ___, Eleni Fiorella Charlotte, Sylvia Sayuri Noor,
    Merit Eleanora Adelaide, Clover Elodie Seraphine, Bridie Scarlett Viola,
    Marguerite Cecilia Iris, Eilidh Clara Valentine.

Sorry to anyone who read TSI. First draft was terrible. Second drafting now.