Names Searched Right Now:
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    They will keep the name 100% within the family. The ROYAL family, that is! So, forget about Caroline (for Kate's mother) or Diana (who wasn't really a royal). They'll stick to former Queens and consorts for a girl (Kings and consorts for a boy). Think Adelaide, Alexandra, Alice, Charlotte, Eleanor, Elizabeth, Victoria, etc. Very serious. Very stately. Nothing even approaching controversial. Save that for the second daughter!
    Audrey - Beatrice - Clara - Daphne - Flora - Jane - Mabel - Susannah

Arthur - Barnaby - Edward - Frederick - Henry - Rupert - Theodore - Walter

Quote Originally Posted by hayleyinwonderland View Post
    I'd like it to be a girl but, due to her extreme morning sickness and my own pregnancy experience, I suspect she's having a boy!!
    Old comment, but actually sufferers of hyperemesis are a bit more likely to be carrying girls. Not a huge amount more likely, but a bit. "A recent study suggests that if women have sickness severe enough to be hospitalized, such as a case of hyperemesis, then she is more likely to have a girl than a boy. 56% of mothers who were hospitalized in early pregnancy had girls, compared to the 44% who had boys."
    cassia | vivian | flora
    peregrine | jolyon | arthur

Quote Originally Posted by sarahmezz View Post
    They will keep the name 100% within the family. The ROYAL family, that is! So, forget about Caroline (for Kate's mother) or Diana (who wasn't really a royal). They'll stick to former Queens and consorts for a girl (Kings and consorts for a boy). Think Adelaide, Alexandra, Alice, Charlotte, Eleanor, Elizabeth, Victoria, etc. Very serious. Very stately. Nothing even approaching controversial. Save that for the second daughter!
    There have been two Queen Consorts named Caroline:
    - Caroline of Brunswick (wife of King George IV)
    - Caroline of Ansbach (wife of King George II)
    So I definitely wouldn't count that out.
    Zelia/Elja • Twenty • Film, history and royalty connoisseur • I have a blog and a royalty blog.
    Exporting beautiful old Danish names, exotic Greenlandic names and Greenlandic sibling names.
    Henry Ásgeirr Edmund • Amaury Charles Fyodor "Theo" • Alexander Adelin Lórien "Sasha" • Asa Elessar/Valdemar Ivik
    Cosima Ingrid Zenobia "Mimi" • Matilda Ivalo Galadriel "Tilda" • Gaia Margaret Undómiel • Juno Catherine Françoise "Shazza"

They like Ellie Goulding, so I can see them using Eleanor, although her full name is Elena...not sure if that is a Royal name though.
    Or perhaps it will be Mary. Lady Mary Crawley from Downton Abbey could be an inspiration. haha I am guessing that the middle names will be Diana Frances Elizabeth or Diana Elizabeth Alice. I bet the name they chose will be used by many. It would be cool if Mary became fashionable again because of them.

One Royal name that I recently came across was Maud. It would be cool if they used that. Apparently, Maud was nicknamed Harry as a child. Maybe Prince Harry should keep that name in mind.

Whatever they chose for a boy's name will be boring, I bet. I think they should use Edmund though.
    Last edited by niteowl13; March 1st, 2013 at 09:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by niteowl13 View Post
    They like Ellie Goulding, so I can see them using Eleanor, although her full name is Elena...not sure if that is a Royal name though.
    There were actually rumours that Diana wanted to name a future daughter Eleanor (and Charles allegedly had saved Victoria), so I don't think that's a guess very far off. Also there was the lovely and very strong-minded Eleanor of Aquitaine (wife of King Henry II). Eleanor, along with Matilda, is one of my top guesses.
    Zelia/Elja • Twenty • Film, history and royalty connoisseur • I have a blog and a royalty blog.
    Exporting beautiful old Danish names, exotic Greenlandic names and Greenlandic sibling names.
    Henry Ásgeirr Edmund • Amaury Charles Fyodor "Theo" • Alexander Adelin Lórien "Sasha" • Asa Elessar/Valdemar Ivik
    Cosima Ingrid Zenobia "Mimi" • Matilda Ivalo Galadriel "Tilda" • Gaia Margaret Undómiel • Juno Catherine Françoise "Shazza"