Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    My name is Tara which most people associate with Gone With The Wind, but my name actually had no connection to that. My mom named me after a soap opera character...she was the "good twin" dealing with her evil twin! I'm glad my mom didn't go for a really well known character because I do think soap names are pretty low brow! What can I do, my mom was young & that's what she was into!

I definitely veto any names with YA lit or popular TV connections- even if I liked them first like Esme!! Anything too tied to that kind of thing turns me off!

@Kungfualex that's really funny my mom is very into Russian history and named me after Tsarina Alexandra as well, however she used her birth name Alix, instead because she doesn't like long names. So Alix I am, I always thought it was very cool to have that connection that most people don't know and can educate others that my name is not a misspelling!
    I'm Alix Louise
    Wife to Skyler James since 4/28/12
    Mommy to Daphne Valora since 8/02/13

When we have another
    Boy : Sebastian, Jasper, Edgar
    Girls: Sonia, Matilda

I was named after Natalie Wood, who is one of my mother's favorite actresses. When I was little, I didn't know who Natalie Wood was, but vaguely knew of Natalie Cole. So for the longest time, I thought I was named after Natalie Cole. About the time I entered my preteen years, I found out who I was really named after, and liked it more. As I got older, I saw movies starring Natalie Wood, though I still find it kind of sad regarding her death.

I'm glad my parents chose Natalie as opposed to, say, Wednesday (another one of her choices, after a character from Addams Family) or Lucy (my father's choice for me, possibly after Lucille Ball), which to me seem more obviously associated with one particular character. In contrast, Natalie seems more versatile to me.

I was named after an author, I share her first and middle name and I love the connection!
    Josephine Athénaïs - Josephine Ivy - Myriam Athénaïs - Vivienne Josephine
    Athena Beatrice - Beatrice Cecile - Eléonor Anne-Sophie -Myriam Beatrice - Meredith Elizabeth
    Ambrose Aristide - Ulysses Aristide

Girls: Aenor, Bérangère, Bérénice, Catalina, Honorine, Nadezhda Boys: Augustin, Calixte, Emeric, Hugo, Lambert, Maxandre, Maxence, Yves

~~Formerly know on the boards as The.TX.Belle~~

Quote Originally Posted by alfiejoe View Post
    @Kungfualex that's really funny my mom is very into Russian history and named me after Tsarina Alexandra as well, however she used her birth name Alix, instead because she doesn't like long names. So Alix I am, I always thought it was very cool to have that connection that most people don't know and can educate others that my name is not a misspelling!
    That's cool! Really sad what happened to her and her family, though.