Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    What about Kane, then? Unless you want a reference to Batman himself.

I like Knight and Christian!

Okay. Here's the thing. I'm a nerd myself; I love Lord of the Rings, Sandman, Firefly, the whole pantheon of geek media favorites. That said? I would not name my kid Bilbo, Dream, Malcolm Reynolds, or anything else that explicitly references a fandom. These might be great role models, but children should have the freedom to develop their own interests, and not forced to inherit their parents' obsessions.

That said, a name that references Batman obliquely might actually work. Paladin and Templar are old-school words for knight that could be wearable modern-sounding monikers. You might also want to look at the virtues Batman embodies: Justice has a solid history and would fit right in with Justin and Jude. I'm also partial to Law, or Lawson. Victor is a great choice. Valor is, bar none, my favorite boys' virtue name. And Judge and Sheriff have a tough-guy Western vibe.

You could pay homage to the great Alan Moore by using either of his names (but not together, obviously). If I remember my Bat-lore correctly, Dick Grayson held the title for a few issues; Grayson and Gray are both trendy choices, though I'd steer clear of Dick. Bruce and Wayne are great names, if not personal favorites -- but naming your kid Bruce Wayne veers into the territory of ridiculous, not to mention unfair.

For a girl, I've also been fond of the name Hero.

Matilda Sailor or Faye Matilda | Sylvie Winifred or Simon Atlas | Atlas Dov or Alice Violetta | Lucien Wilde or Lucinda Jane | Jane Lucinda or Jack Mariner | Marlowe Charles or Roscoe Thomas | Charles ' Charlie' Wallace or Marigold 'Maggie' Wynn | Eloise Lily or Elliot Darwin | Iris Cordelia or Thea Marina | Jasper Augustus or Juniper 'June' Lovelace | Julian Felix or Judah 'Jude' Reeve

Just a grad student dreaming ahead...

Also, looking at the list in your signature, I have to ask...how old are you?

Matilda Sailor or Faye Matilda | Sylvie Winifred or Simon Atlas | Atlas Dov or Alice Violetta | Lucien Wilde or Lucinda Jane | Jane Lucinda or Jack Mariner | Marlowe Charles or Roscoe Thomas | Charles ' Charlie' Wallace or Marigold 'Maggie' Wynn | Eloise Lily or Elliot Darwin | Iris Cordelia or Thea Marina | Jasper Augustus or Juniper 'June' Lovelace | Julian Felix or Judah 'Jude' Reeve

Just a grad student dreaming ahead...

I love the idea of incorporating Batman's virtues thanks for the idea.

Quote Originally Posted by augusta_lee View Post
    Okay. Here's the thing. I'm a nerd myself; I love Lord of the Rings, Sandman, Firefly, the whole pantheon of geek media favorites. That said? I would not name my kid Bilbo, Dream, Malcolm Reynolds, or anything else that explicitly references a fandom. These might be great role models, but children should have the freedom to develop their own interests, and not forced to inherit their parents' obsessions.

That said, a name that references Batman obliquely might actually work. Paladin and Templar are old-school words for knight that could be wearable modern-sounding monikers. You might also want to look at the virtues Batman embodies: Justice has a solid history and would fit right in with Justin and Jude. I'm also partial to Law, or Lawson. Victor is a great choice. Valor is, bar none, my favorite boys' virtue name. And Judge and Sheriff have a tough-guy Western vibe.

You could pay homage to the great Alan Moore by using either of his names (but not together, obviously). If I remember my Bat-lore correctly, Dick Grayson held the title for a few issues; Grayson and Gray are both trendy choices, though I'd steer clear of Dick. Bruce and Wayne are great names, if not personal favorites -- but naming your kid Bruce Wayne veers into the territory of ridiculous, not to mention unfair.

For a girl, I've also been fond of the name Hero.
    Last edited by sabrinafair; December 4th, 2012 at 09:54 PM.
    Current Favorite Names
    ♀ Monet | Monroe | Celsius (MN) | Malachi | Chai | Iowa
    ♂ Celsius (MN) | Monroe | Andrew

"Cat Mom" to: Tiger Lilly Jane