Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    What about Kane, then? Unless you want a reference to Batman himself.

I like Knight and Christian!

Okay. Here's the thing. I'm a nerd myself; I love Lord of the Rings, Sandman, Firefly, the whole pantheon of geek media favorites. That said? I would not name my kid Bilbo, Dream, Malcolm Reynolds, or anything else that explicitly references a fandom. These might be great role models, but children should have the freedom to develop their own interests, and not forced to inherit their parents' obsessions.

That said, a name that references Batman obliquely might actually work. Paladin and Templar are old-school words for knight that could be wearable modern-sounding monikers. You might also want to look at the virtues Batman embodies: Justice has a solid history and would fit right in with Justin and Jude. I'm also partial to Law, or Lawson. Victor is a great choice. Valor is, bar none, my favorite boys' virtue name. And Judge and Sheriff have a tough-guy Western vibe.

You could pay homage to the great Alan Moore by using either of his names (but not together, obviously). If I remember my Bat-lore correctly, Dick Grayson held the title for a few issues; Grayson and Gray are both trendy choices, though I'd steer clear of Dick. Bruce and Wayne are great names, if not personal favorites -- but naming your kid Bruce Wayne veers into the territory of ridiculous, not to mention unfair.

For a girl, I've also been fond of the name Hero.
    Simon, Eloise, Faye, Judah, Thea, Marina, Felix, Iris, Cordelia, Roscoe, Lydia, Jasper, Phaedra, Adrian, Lucinda, Jane, Wallace, Finnegan, Sylvie, Charlie, Juniper, Atlas, Matilda, Julian, Alice, Marlowe, Octavia, Jack, Marigold, Ruby Louise, Archer, Violet, Gabriel, Persephone, Dov, Louisa

Just a grad student, dreaming ahead...

Also, looking at the list in your signature, I have to ask...how old are you?
    Simon, Eloise, Faye, Judah, Thea, Marina, Felix, Iris, Cordelia, Roscoe, Lydia, Jasper, Phaedra, Adrian, Lucinda, Jane, Wallace, Finnegan, Sylvie, Charlie, Juniper, Atlas, Matilda, Julian, Alice, Marlowe, Octavia, Jack, Marigold, Ruby Louise, Archer, Violet, Gabriel, Persephone, Dov, Louisa

Just a grad student, dreaming ahead...

I love the idea of incorporating Batman's virtues thanks for the idea.

Quote Originally Posted by augusta_lee View Post
    Okay. Here's the thing. I'm a nerd myself; I love Lord of the Rings, Sandman, Firefly, the whole pantheon of geek media favorites. That said? I would not name my kid Bilbo, Dream, Malcolm Reynolds, or anything else that explicitly references a fandom. These might be great role models, but children should have the freedom to develop their own interests, and not forced to inherit their parents' obsessions.

That said, a name that references Batman obliquely might actually work. Paladin and Templar are old-school words for knight that could be wearable modern-sounding monikers. You might also want to look at the virtues Batman embodies: Justice has a solid history and would fit right in with Justin and Jude. I'm also partial to Law, or Lawson. Victor is a great choice. Valor is, bar none, my favorite boys' virtue name. And Judge and Sheriff have a tough-guy Western vibe.

You could pay homage to the great Alan Moore by using either of his names (but not together, obviously). If I remember my Bat-lore correctly, Dick Grayson held the title for a few issues; Grayson and Gray are both trendy choices, though I'd steer clear of Dick. Bruce and Wayne are great names, if not personal favorites -- but naming your kid Bruce Wayne veers into the territory of ridiculous, not to mention unfair.

For a girl, I've also been fond of the name Hero.
    Last edited by sabrinafair; December 4th, 2012 at 09:54 PM.
    Current Favorite Names
    ♀ Americus | Hessian | Holiday | Loki | Rumor | Salem
    ♂ Atticus | Loki | Sailor

"Cat Mom" to: Tiger Lilly Jane