Names Searched Right Now:
Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast
    Tinuviel Endellion Vespertine is probably my favourite Tiny combo. Can I use Hespera on a future sister though?

Belphoebe Callisto Evenstar is magnificent, it combines my favourite things: The Faerie Queene + Greek mythology + Tolkien. And it soudns very naturelike. I do love the Fairlight Elentari combo though... and Evenstar Ophelia (but is it your description of the pure white snow blanket that does it?).

So I think we've got:

Belphoebe Callisto Evenstar or Belphoebe Fairlight Elentari or Belphoebe Evenstar Ophelia
    Ceridwen Chione Winterose
    Hespera Silmarien Fieldrush or Wilde
    Illyria Charis Terpsichore or Vivendel
    Tinuviel Endellion Vespertine or Tinuviel Amoret Ondine

Thoughts or suggestions?
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype][CENTER]My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014[/CENTER][/FONT]

Hmmmm, I like these best:

Belphoebe Callisto Evenstar- It gives all your favorites, you could use the other middles in the future, but you're unlikely to be able to meld all your favorite things like this again

Ceridwen Chione Winterose is lovely, I love that you used Ceridwen! I'm still pulling for a poets name since Ceridwen is a godess of poetry

My favorite is definitely Tinuviel Endellion Vespertine, but I also like Tinuviel Amoret Ondine

With The Hespera names, I really think you could pull off either of them because you have a short last name. I would go with Hespera Silmarien Feildrush, I like the idea of Wilde as a middle too, It was so hard for me to choose between the two and sometimes I like the Wilde combo better. You don't want a wild child though, so if that makes a differance...

Illyria Charis Vivendel remindes me more of spring, but Terpsichore is your favorite muse. It really depends on if the image or meaning/roll model is more important to you.
    I'm Just a teen berry who has a passion for names.

For the lovely Ladies: Fiona Alienor "Fia", Primrose Eliette "Prim", & Beatrice Ruth "Bea",

For the gallant Gents: Ellis Hadrian "Eli", Theodore Lane "Teddy", & Laurence Frost "Lars"

Hi Ottilie-- nice work!

I do not think Elentari can pair with Belphoebe at all, given the repetitive ending sound. Callisto and Astraea both work quite well. I'm still less fond of Callisto given the rapey background, and as loathe as I am to say it, Belphoebe Astraea might be a bit OTT. What do you think of Belphoebe Eirlys Evenstar? I am also on the fence with how Evenstar reads-- is it evocative or a little silly?

Ceridwen + Chione were meant to be adjacent to each other. It's lovely. I love Solenne, as it conjures up the solitude of the wild wastes. Try as I might I never read Winterose as "winter rose," but rather as some adjectival form of winter (winterous?). As you're expecting your baby in early spring, do you want a hibernal reference? I LOVE Ceridwen Chione Fieldrush, as it adds the right notes of wildness to an otherwise crisp name.

Hespera: Silmarien is so beautiful, but it is long. I can't decide between Hespera Silmarien Wilde (need that short second middle) or Hespera Oriel Fieldrush.

Illyria Charis: either Terpischore (I love the imagery of a dancing maiden in a mythic forest) or Vivendel (such a beautiful word, so springly, and a very subtle nod to your Norwegian heritage!) Very tough.

Tinuviel: so lovely. It's 4 syllables so to pair with 4-syllable Endellion will be hard-- you'll need a monosyllabic second middle. I would prefer Hespera over Vespertine, personally (either for future use or now). Perhaps Tinuviel Endellion Rush? Or, break up the two long names: Tinuviel Charis Endellion?

So the short list:

Belphoebe Eirlys Evenstar
    Ceridwen Chione Solenne / Winterrose / Fieldrush
    Hespera Silmarien Wilde
    Hespera Oriel Fieldrush
    Illyria Charis Terpischore
    Illyria Charis Vivendel
    Tinuviel Endellion Rush
    Tinuviel Charis Endellion
    Last edited by blade; December 11th, 2012 at 05:36 PM.
    Blade, MD

XY: AR
    XX: CVN

Aquila * Chrysanthe * Emmanuelle * Endellion * Ione * Jacinda * Lysandra * Melisande * Myrra * Petra * Rosamond * Seraphine * Silvana * Theophane / Blaise * Cyprian * Darius * Evander * Giles * Laurence * Lionel * Malcolm * Marius * Peregrine * Rainier

كنوز الصحراء الشرقية Hayat _ Qamar _ Sahar _ Maysan _ Iman / Altair _ Fahd _ Faraj _ Khalil _ Najid _ Rafiq _ Tariq

lovelywren: Thank you so much. I think I like Terpsichore better than Vivendel, it just makes me so happy!

Thank you Bladey! Ceridwen Chione Solenne keep popping into my head, I imagine those few rays of sunshine in wintertime, shining on the twinkling frosty branches of the birch trees, little squirrels searching for nuts and little robins in the birdhouse.

I love Tinuviel Endellion Rush.

what about Belphoebe Everild Ondine? I'd hate to lose Ondine...

Belphoebe Ondine Fieldrush/Vivdendel Ondine?
    Ceridwen Chione Solenne or Winterose/Winterrose?
    Hespera Silmarien Wilde/Saga/Fawn?
    Illyria Charis Terpsichore
    Tinuviel Endellion Maris/Avis/Rush/Fieldrush?
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype][CENTER]My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014[/CENTER][/FONT]

I really like the meter, flow and imagery of Ceridwen Chione Solenne. "Solenne" isn't actually related to the word 'sun,' just a happy accident, but it works so well and absolutely conjures the imagery you're after.

Ondine works very well with Belphoebe. I just don't think Everild is perfect (BELphoebe everILD is a bit repetitive). Belphoebe Vivendel Ondine, on the other hand, is perfect. The accent and stress works, and it's the right balance of classical/literary, botanical/nature, cool/warm, light/dark.

Of the three short choices with Hespera, I think only Wilde works, both from a metrical perspective as well as an imagery one.

Illyria Charis Terpischore is just wonderful.

For Tinuviel: it all comes down to imagery. Rush is the shortest; do you want the sea, birds flitting, wild foamy rivers, or a carpet of wildflowers to accompany Tinuviel?

So, short list:

Belphoebe Vivendel Ondine
    Ceridwen Chione Solenne
    Hespera Silmarien Wilde (would again pronounce this with 3 syllables-- SIL-mar-inn-- rather than 4, sil-MAR-ee-en)
    Illyria Charis Terpischore
    Tinuviel Endellion Rush/Maris/Avis/Fieldrush (in order of my preference)
    Blade, MD

XY: AR
    XX: CVN

Aquila * Chrysanthe * Emmanuelle * Endellion * Ione * Jacinda * Lysandra * Melisande * Myrra * Petra * Rosamond * Seraphine * Silvana * Theophane / Blaise * Cyprian * Darius * Evander * Giles * Laurence * Lionel * Malcolm * Marius * Peregrine * Rainier

كنوز الصحراء الشرقية Hayat _ Qamar _ Sahar _ Maysan _ Iman / Altair _ Fahd _ Faraj _ Khalil _ Najid _ Rafiq _ Tariq