Names Searched Right Now:
Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast
    "I think Ceridwen Chione Winterose is our favourite Ceridwen combo." So happy you chose Chione over Sunna and Sol. It really stands up well to the bite of Ceridwen.

Illyria Charis + Vivendel/Meadowsweet/Terpsichore - While I love the other two as well, my final vote goes to Vivendel here. The name is redolent of honeysuckle! And it contains "Viv"- life. I love the way it calls back to Illyria with its deliciously rolling sound. Charis crisply punctuates the exchange, and brings in Spenserian and mythological references. Glorious.

Hespera Silmarien Fieldrush - Yes. I may just slightly prefer Wilde... Since Silmarien is such a long name, I like a name that sleekens it and gives it closure, and Wilde is that. But Fieldrush is heavenly, and should be used somewhere. I think it's fine here, though it calls up daytime imagery for me- birds, an open field when the wind makes the grass lie down flat... I think of that post-rainstorm, pre-rainbow light.

"We need help with Tinuviel and Belphoebe. I'd love Endellion or Ondine with Tinuviel, and Evenstar or Elentari with Belphoebe, but it's a wish not a requirement."

I favor Endellion and Elentari. Endellion is so warm and winding, but strong. It relates to Endymion in a way, which would be a nice sibling connection, not a rhymey obvious one. Ondine is a good name too, but not quite as interesting imo. Evenstar (while it's a great word) sounds just slightly square next to Belphoebe... unless there's another name in between them that completely rolls off the tongue. Elentari is delicate and musical, another tempting Tolkien potion.

Belphoebe: To emphasize its beautiful round, curling sound..
    Belphoebe Elentari Elaine (I know it's a lot of "el" sound, but I like it. I especially like the dahDUM rhythm of Elaine after the first two names.)
    Belphoebe Elentari Meadowsweet
    Belphoebe Elentari Fieldrush
    Belphoebe Illyria Evenstar (Illyria is so liquid, and Evenstar's straightforward sound is a nice contrast.)

Tinuviel: To me this name is slightly more challenging, more word-like... could be an adjective- "the tinuviel glow of the smoldering fire" or something. So it wants middles that soften it, imo.
    Tinuviel Endellion Wilde
    Tinuviel Endellion Fieldrush
    Tinuviel Atalanta Ondine

Oh this is exciting. You've made so much progress! Once you've got a shortlist, maybe you'll consider pilfering first names from rejected combinations, though it would be sad to have to put any of these queenly beauties in second place. I do think Belphoebe Illyria is divine. Hespera Belphoebe? I just hate to see Belphoebe go, but I have a feeling she may lose to Hespera or Illyria.

amydomsmom: There was so serious amazinness in the boy thread, my boyfriend read it first and was all in awe over your comments. I'm going to reply to them when I've stopped becoming all teary because of the vivid imagery they left me with.

emma: I think I agree with you about Illyria Charis Vivdendel, there's some nice symmetry to it. I have to use Fieldrush somewhere because it is amazing. I love Tinuviel Endellion Fieldrush, and Belphoebe Elentari Elaine (might be too many el's) and Belphoebe Illyria Evenstar. Belphoebe might end up in the middle spot... I don't know... difficult!
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype][CENTER]My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014[/CENTER][/FONT]

Thank you so much for the kind words, I am sincerely glad that that you both appreciated it! Today I went back through all the previous girls' threads and picked out a few of my favorites that never made the final lists, just in case they will happen to work well within these combos. This is mostly just to give you a few more ideas that won't be suggested anymore, so I don't want to make it too long. And you don't have to like any of them, but I figured it could be worth a shot on the off chance that they might have been overlooked. I will include which color each reminds me of in case that proves helpful? (Completely from my own perspective). =]

Belphoebe Tindra Evenstar (Dark green, like a leaf canopy at dusk)
    Belphoebe Viatrix Evenstar (Deep magenta, exactly like a sunset)
    Belphoebe Callisto Evenstar (The turquoise jewel-tone of a shallow tropical ocean)

Belphoebe Evenstar Ophelia (Pure white, like a fresh blanket of snow)
    Belphoebe Evenstar Niniane (Dark sapphire blue, that of evening)
    Belphoebe Evenstar Cyrene (Slightly lighter blue, but verging on teal)

Belphoebe Fairlight Elentari (Light yellow, almost white)
    Belphoebe Miranda Elentari (Feels gradually pink, like a sunrise)
    Belphoebe Pandora Elentari (A veiled pink element, like rose-gold)

Belphoebe Elentari Vianelle (Crisp royal blue, like a forget-me-not petal)
    Belphoebe Elentari Melusine (Closer to violet, but remaining slightly blue)
    Belphoebe Elentari Topaz (Topaz solidifies the prominent blue of this set)

Tinuviel Endellion Vespertine (Kelly green, as light flowing down through the trees)
    Tinuviel Endellion Persephone (Golden yellow, warm sunshine at midday)
    Tinuveil Endellion Reverie (Lemon yellow, lighter but also brighter)

Tinuviel Signe Endellion (A true rich purple, sky at twilight)
    Tinuviel Thalia Endellion (Dark red, what they call a ‘black rose’)
    Tinuviel Arcadia Endellion (Maroon, in the velvety sense of the word)

Tinuviel Ondine Everild (Dark green, almost black like a thick forest in moonlight)
    Tinuviel Ondine Azure (Very light blue, like a just brightening morning sky)
    Tinuviel Ondine Lorca (Christmas tree green, running through a pine forest)

Tinuviel Amoret Ondine (A soft petal pink, pure Victorian romance)
    Tinuviel Eudora Ondine (A gentle lilac, lilting and barely there)
    Tinuviel Nephele Ondine (A darker and more confident lavender)
    Last edited by amydomsmom; December 10th, 2012 at 04:03 PM. Reason: well sorry, it's quite long

You do realize you sell me on all of those names because of your colour description? So mean...

I love:
    Belphoebe Callisto Evenstar (The turquoise jewel-tone of a shallow tropical ocean)
    Belphoebe Evenstar Ophelia (Pure white, like a fresh blanket of snow)
    Belphoebe Evenstar Niniane (Dark sapphire blue, that of evening)
    Belphoebe Fairlight Elentari (Light yellow, almost white)
    Belphoebe Pandora Elentari (A veiled pink element, like rose-gold)
    Belphoebe Elentari Vianelle (Crisp royal blue, like a forget-me-not petal)
    Belphoebe Elentari Melusine (Closer to violet, but remaining slightly blue)

Tinuviel Endellion Vespertine (Kelly green, as light flowing down through the trees)
    Tinuveil Endellion Reverie (Lemon yellow, lighter but also brighter)
    Tinuviel Signe Endellion (A true rich purple, sky at twilight)
    Tinuviel Thalia Endellion (Dark red, what they call a ‘black rose’)
    Tinuviel Ondine Everild (Dark green, almost black like a thick forest in moonlight)
    Tinuviel Amoret Ondine (A soft petal pink, pure Victorian romance)
    Tinuviel Eudora Ondine (A gentle lilac, lilting and barely there)

See? Those words capture and entrance me, and all I can do is look at the words and say them over and over again. Thank you so much sweetie!
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype][CENTER]My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014[/CENTER][/FONT]

Haha, you're welcome! At least they all got a fair shot... I didn't want to influence any one choice more than another but of Course you picked some of my favorites. It's ok, there is still plenty of time to narrow them down, so it's only slightly mean. =]

Belphoebe Callisto Evenstar- I've always been a fan of Callisto! And I really like the repetitive "st" sounds, something to consider if you don't.
    Belphoebe Fairlight Elentari- So beautiful! I had forgotten about Fairlight. It seemed evocative enough to counter Belphoebe's strength.
    Belphoebe Elentari Vianelle- I adore Evenstar, but in this case I like both of these Elentari choices a bit better(I honestly can't choose).
    Tinuviel Endellion Vespertine- The "ine" ending is just so beautiful with Tinuviel. Vespertine was another one that always drew my eye before.
    Tinuviel Ondine Everild- I know Everild used to be a top contender and it seemed to fit. You'll have to decide how it sounds with last name.
    Tinuviel Amoret Ondine- My best try at a new Ondine combo. Probably my top favorite. I'm still not so secretly pulling for Tinuviel. =]