Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Headaches

were you having these headaches at the time of measurement?
    Blade, MD

XY: Antoine Raphael
    XX: Cassia Viviane Noor

Aurea * Chrysanthe * Emmanuelle * Endellion * Ione * Jacinda * Lysandra * Melisande * Myrrine * Rosamond * Seraphine * Sylvana * Theodora / Blaise * Cyprian * Darius * Evander * Jules * Laurence * Lionel * Malcolm * Marius * Quentin * Rainier

كنوز الصحراء الشرقية Hayat _ Qamar _ Sahar _ Maysan / Altair _ Fahd _ Faraj _ Khalil _ Najid _ Tariq

What is time of measurement? Is that when I found out I was pregnant or when they did it or what? (I'm not familiar with the term, sorry!)

But I've been having them constantly for 2 weeks now.
    Mother, Hellenic Pagan Priestess, and Resident Greek name expert ^_^ Call me Dantea or Remy

http://covertocoverediting.webs.com/ -- Editing services available for cheap.

Proud Mama to:
    Persephone Elysia Willow -- June 5th 2013
    TTC #2 by Christmas 2014

sorry-- I meant were you symptomatic with the headache at the time of BP measurement.

Just for starters-- the differential diagnosis is huge--

Are these headaches debilitating? Do you need to stop your normal daily activities to deal with them? Can you identify any triggers or exacerbating factors?

Any history of headache, migraine or otherwise, before pregnancy? Did you normally drink caffeine or use tobacco in some form before pregnancy?

Any high blood pressure before pregnancy? Anyone in your immediate female-line family (mother, sister, maternal aunt, maternal grandmother) have pregnancy-induced HTN, AKA pre-eclampsia, or any other adverse outcome? Do you have thyroid disease?
    Blade, MD

Aurea * Chrysanthe * Emmanuelle * Endellion * Ione * Jacinda * Lysandra * Melisande * Myrrine * Rosamond * Seraphine * Sylvana * Theodora / Blaise * Cyprian * Darius * Evander * Jules * Laurence * Lionel * Malcolm * Marius * Quentin * Rainier

كنوز الصحراء الشرقية Hayat _ Qamar _ Sahar _ Maysan / Altair _ Fahd _ Faraj _ Khalil _ Najid _ Tariq

Blade, I love how extensive you are. I really appreciate you taking time ti try to help.

Sometimes they're debilitating, but only rarely. I can't identify triggers as the headache hasn't stopped at all. It only gets softer, but hasn't actually stopped. (This only ever happened once before when I had a migraine last for almost 5 days and I couldn't work or anything). I had migraines sometimes before pregnancy, but when they happened, they included black spots, dizziness, vomiting, etc. I drank some coke and tea, but cut back drastically when we first started TTC and stopped when I found out I was pregnant. Never done drugs, smoked, or drank. I don't have a history of high blood pressure, no thyroid disease, and no one in my family has ever had HTN.

I'm hopeful it's just the normal headaches that some women get during pregnancy, but the doctor scared me! I'd love to find a way to make it stop.
    Mother, Hellenic Pagan Priestess, and Resident Greek name expert ^_^ Call me Dantea or Remy

http://covertocoverediting.webs.com/ -- Editing services available for cheap.

Proud Mama to:
    Persephone Elysia Willow -- June 5th 2013
    TTC #2 by Christmas 2014

Did your doctor call you yet with the results of your first urinalysis? Any protein in the urine? And again, what was your blood pressure and were you experiencing the headache at the time of measurement?

The symptoms sound, at first glance, like tension headaches, which are benign. But 2+ weeks of chronic, progressive headache which awakens you from sleep and/or has a morning onset is NOT normal, is not a typical pregnancy symptom, and should be evaluated. If you were a fake patient on my boards test the correct answer would be "ophthalmologic examination, complete serum chemistry and blood count, and non-contrast imaging of the head."
    Blade, MD