Names Searched Right Now:
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by lavendyr View Post
    MaggieMary thanks..nice to hear from an actual Christmas day baby!! Who better to give feedback aha
    People sometimes think I must wish I had a themed name but I most certainly don't!

However I'm sure there are people out there, born on Christmas Day, who have a themed name and like it.

Also, I meant to say, I do think subtle names are okay.

My cousin has a friend born on Christmas Eve, and her parents named her Joy, which of course is one of the main themes of the holiday season. I think that's lovely and not cheesy.

My mom has a work colleague who was also born on Christmas Eve, and her parents named her Nichola, as a reference to St. Nicholas. That might be a little cheesy, but it isn't overly obvious, and most people don't make the connection until she points it out.
    ♥ Margaret Mary ♥
    19. Name nerd. College sophomore.

~ Eliza Josephine ~ Esther Christabel ~ Harriet Aurelia ~ Mary Jessamine ~ Rose Georgina ~ Sarah Margaret ~
    ~ Asher Benedict ~ Gabriel Walter ~ John Constantine ~ Noah August ~ Reuben Alexander ~ Samuel Ernest ~

Cool thread. I am due on Christmas Eve with a baby girl and would like to honor the special season somehow. Nothing like Holly or Snow, but a subtle nod. A few I have thought of:
    Evangeline - Means "good news bearer" which is very significant to Christmas, if you are religious. Also has the nickname "Eve" in it, which is nice if I actually delivered on Christmas Eve. Husband doesn't like it though, so this one won't be used.
    Ember - I love this name, and it reminds me of a cozy, Christmas time fireplace. If I was really daring, I would use "December" and use Ember as the nn. I don't know though.

Her middle name will be Joy or Joylynn, less because of Christmas, and more because Joy is my mom's name and Linda is DH's mom's name.

I also think Noelle is a nice Christmas name, although I wouldn't use it myself.
    Last edited by 1sttimemama; December 2nd, 2012 at 04:29 PM.

I was born during Christmastide (early January) and my name is Natalie. I appreciate that my name has a connection with a significant time of year. Also, it doesn't hurt that Christmas is my favorite time of year

As for the cheesy-factor, I don't think there is one. If you named your child "Christmas" outright, I think it would be. But there are so many Christmas-related names (Natalie, Maria/Marie/Mary, Noelle, Gabriel, Emmanuel, Joseph, etc.) that are subtle nods to your child's birthday/the season without being too obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by bearcub27 View Post
    I was born during Christmastide (early January) and my name is Natalie. I appreciate that my name has a connection with a significant time of year. Also, it doesn't hurt that Christmas is my favorite time of year

As for the cheesy-factor, I don't think there is one. If you named your child "Christmas" outright, I think it would be. But there are so many Christmas-related names (Natalie, Maria/Marie/Mary, Noelle, Gabriel, Emmanuel, Joseph, etc.) that are subtle nods to your child's birthday/the season without being too obvious.
    I think using names like Gabriel, Joseph, Emmanuel and Mary if a child is actually born on Christmas Eve or Christmas Day is too much.

I know a boy who was born on Christmas Eve, who was named Gabriel, and he hates it.
    ♥ Margaret Mary ♥
    19. Name nerd. College sophomore.

~ Eliza Josephine ~ Esther Christabel ~ Harriet Aurelia ~ Mary Jessamine ~ Rose Georgina ~ Sarah Margaret ~
    ~ Asher Benedict ~ Gabriel Walter ~ John Constantine ~ Noah August ~ Reuben Alexander ~ Samuel Ernest ~

Joy is a good choice for a middle spot.
    Madeleine * Catherine * Elizabeth * Grace * Caroline * Eliza * Florence * Cordelia * Claudia * Lillian * Matilda * Eloise * Therese * Julia * Cecilia * Camille

William * Sebastian * Julian * John Paul * Vaughan * Gabriel * Leo * Thibault * Fabian * Xavier * Hadrian * Cassius * Emanuel * Henry * Owen * Jude