Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Christmas Names?

So baby due at Christmas, using Christmas names...cheesy or cute? I am leaning towards cheesy but I am a HUGE Christmas/winter lover so part of me thinks it would be kind of nice to subtly have Christmas/winter mentioned. Problem is, don't think I can find any names I like. Just wondering generally speaking do people think this a cheesy thing to do anyway? I don't like names like Noelle, Holly, Ivy, etc..too obvious. I would likely lean more toward a middle name spot anyway. Probably won't due it but just an idea...I'm due Dec 23rd.
    Mom to Mhairi Elizabeth (March 19, 2010) & Fiona Lilidh (Dec 21, 2012) Baby #3 Due March 2014

Princess Alice, the Duchess of Gloucester, and her niece by marriage, Princess Alexandra, the Lady Ogilvy, both have the name Christabel because they were born on Christmas day. I think that's a pretty cute tradition.

I also think that the name Holly is cute on christmas babies, but that might be on the edge of being cheesy.
    Zelia • Twenty • Film, history and royalty connoisseur • I have a personal blog and one about royalty
    Exporting beautiful old Danish names, exotic Greenlandic names and Greenlandic sibling names
    Henry Ásgeirr Edmund • Amaury Charles Fyodor "Theo" • Alexander Adelin Lórien "Sasha" • Asa Edouard Ivik
    Cosima Ingrid Zenobia "Mimi" • Matilda Ivalo Galadriel "Tilda" • Gaia Margaret Undómiel • Asta Catherine Françoise "Shazza"

Ya, I think if the baby came Christmas Eve or Christmas Day then I'd almost feel I had to incorporate Christmas some how! But not in an over the top way. Holly is cute actually the more I think about it. I am liking Beth/Bethany as in Bethlehem. It's subtle but still Christmas related. For the record, I do not mean I would use the name Bethlehem haha just Beth or Bethany.
    Mom to Mhairi Elizabeth (March 19, 2010) & Fiona Lilidh (Dec 21, 2012) Baby #3 Due March 2014

My Christmas baby, Charlotte Noelle, was named after names that gave me that wintery feel. Charlotte for some reason has always given me that fireplace during the winter feel. And Noelle obviously sounds Christmasy. I would go with names that give you that Christmasy feel.
    All the best,
    Shannon

Charlotte Noelle
    Baby boy due February 16th, 2013

I don't think it's cheesey. My fave Christmas name is Natalie. Noelle is a close 2nd.