Names Searched Right Now:
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
    Love the idea of using a christmasy baby name on a baby born near christmas. Also love the suggestions of Eira, Gwenyth, and Holly (:
    Also, just wanted to pop in here and say I love your daughters name, lavendyr. It's pronounced var-ee right?
    |Penelope Winter Rose | Alexander Gideon Delayne | Luna Aurora Belle | William Owen Emrys | Liliana Tallulah Grace | Micah Isaac James | Dahlia Winter Carys | Elijah Samuel Leon | Coraline Lavinia Jane | Jasper Everett Greer | Gianna Francesca Maryse | August River Jordan | Magnolia Gwyneira Hesper | Silas John Paul | Anastasia Beatrix Pearl | Leland Samuel Delayne | Artemis Elektra Victoria | Lachlan Isaiah Rhys | Arcadia Callista Maeve|

We actually pronounce it Mar-ee but yes the true gaelic prn would be Var-ee.

Loving all these beautiful suggestions. Also neat to hear personal feedback from those born around Christmas. I do prefer the more subtle choices. I honestly never knew Natalie/Natalia had anything to do w/ Chrstmas until recently so I've never connected that name w/ Christmas but it's a very pretty choice. I love Gabrielle as a subtle choice, just feminine version of Gabriel. And I also love Beth/Bethany as I said earlier just to sort of connect w/ Bethlehem. But I don't think I could ever use anything too obvious. Not because the names aren't nice but they just aren't my faves. I do love Joy as a middle name and have considered that as well.
    Mom to Mhairi Elizabeth (March 19, 2010) & Fiona Lilidh (Dec 21, 2012) Baby #3 Due March 2014

I don't think that would be cheesy, as long as you picked a name that wasn't just associated with Christmas. Personally I really like the name Eve, Joy, Belle, Noelle, I think names like these work really well without being overly Christmas if you get what I mean. Probably my favorite name that I would associate with Christmas would be Jovie! Not going to lie, I fell in love with it off of the movie Elf (my favorite christmas movie ever!), but I also love that it means happy, joyful, jovial, which just describes Christmas in my opinion! Good Luck!!
    Please pray for Lucy, her and her family need your support: http://erikandkatekrull.blogspot.com/

Currently loving....
    Henry, Jack, Jude, Liam, Beckett, Wesley, Noah, Mason, Simon, Luke
    Lucia (Lucy), Annabel, Eloise, Leah, Avery, Brennan/Brynn, Lilah, Reese, Annora, Antonia

I am in love with this thread!

My sister has a Christmas name (Natalie) which I find incredibly hard to pair up with any of my favorites, so I generally am just after a name that connects to Christmas (as, technically, I have a Christmas MN, Marie, too, and I like the connection between us and a possible future child of mine). I love the idea of Bethany, and I sort of like Christabel. Today I've been thinking of Waverly, too--White Christmas is my mom's favorite Christmas film ever, and there's General Waverly in that. So I suppose it could be a subtle nod to both my mom and my sister. But I think Mhairi and Waverly would be cute, too, if Waverly interests you.

In general, I'm a huge fan of Winter, Noelle, and Ivy, but I think Josephine is lovely, too... if Gabrielle can be a Christmas name, why not Josephine?
    Ashley
    twenty-something namenerd and aspiring novelist

Isabelle + Arianne + Olivia + Violet + Charlotte + Emmeline + Eleni + Grace + Audrey + Eva + Catherine + Tess + Zoe
    Caleb + Everett + Jack + Avery + Samuel + Zane + Brody + Declan + Caspar + Grant + Rory + Thomas + Peter

Cuddles, so funny you mention Jovie..I was watching Elf the other night and then googling the name Jovie haha Love that movie so much.

Ash, I LOVE Josephine and thought of that but husband hated..of course haha
    Mom to Mhairi Elizabeth (March 19, 2010) & Fiona Lilidh (Dec 21, 2012) Baby #3 Due March 2014