Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Exclamation Boys names are hard!

I love love the idea of the nickname Sal (either for first or middle name), but can't think of a great proper name to go with it. My husband has vetoed Salvador. I have strongly considered Salinger (We are both a big fan of the author); however, I fear it may come off a bit pretentious. Thoughts or ideas much appreciated!
    Last edited by zenira3; December 1st, 2012 at 12:37 AM.

I don't find Salinger pretentious, I think it's a cool name and if you're a fan of the author, why not? The name obviously holds meaning to you.

The only other name I can think of off hand that you could use to get to the nickname Sal is Salvador, and as you said that was vetoed.

Quote Originally Posted by scarlettrobin View Post
    I don't find Salinger pretentious, I think it's a cool name and if you're a fan of the author, why not? The name obviously holds meaning to you.

The only other name I can think of off hand that you could use to get to the nickname Sal is Salvador, and as you said that was vetoed.
    Thanks! I appreciate your input!

Salinger works. Normally I would say there could be pronunciation issues since Salinger has "linger" in it, but I think the author is definitely popular enough to prevent that from being the case.

For what it's worth, I think Sal is substantial enough to stand on its own.
    Trying in earnest for our first this winter

Quote Originally Posted by dovah View Post
    Salinger works. Normally I would say there could be pronunciation issues since Salinger has "linger" in it, but I think the author is definitely popular enough to prevent that from being the case.

For what it's worth, I think Sal is substantial enough to stand on its own.
    Thank you Dovah! I have thought about that possibility as well. But then I have trouble finding a middle name that flows well! lol. I'll keep working on it.