Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Hosanna?

Hosanna?

Not my regular style for actual use since my regular style is so different- but just for the sake of discussion I wanted to mention this one. I've always loved this name and never never see it talked about on here. I know it's a little bit on the line of 'crazy over the top jewish/christian' - but I feel like with Elijah, Judah, Ezra, etc. being so mainstream these days- Hosanna fits right in. Plus it has such a beautiful meaning for Christian folks IMO- an exclamation of praise for God. I also love the song Hosanna in association with the name. Main drawback is the nick name "Ho"- although I don't think that's a deal breaker personally.

Just fun naming food for thought!!
    favorites:
    mary, frances, louise, elizabeth, rosemarie
    george, arthur, benjamin

I like it. It sounds like its related to Susan or Susannah. I dont know what very religious people would say about it though. The Ho nickname isn't very appealing however. Hosie or Zanna/Sanna is very cute though

I think the 'Ho' nickname possibility is too much of a risk!
    ~ 20 year-old name lover ~

I really like it! It is on the same lines as Jubilee to me.

I have considered this before, and I really think it could work. It totally has the same feel as Susannah and Johanna for me. Plus, being a Christian, I really like the meaning! I know that "Ho" is terrible, but Zanna/Zanni could be a cute nickname!

pet peeves: nicknames as given names; unconventional spellings; masculine names on girls
    not-so-guilty pleasures: five-syllable girls' names; virtue and nature names; over-the-top antique names for boys
    (if i repeat name suggestions in a thread, it's because i like them! no apologies here for repeats of great names! )